As an adult, you would be easily able to identify bad habits that may cause health issues. But what about the habits those appear to be innocent on the surface? Did you know that they can lead you to the grave early? It is not always possible to keep up with all that’s good for health particularly when the medical advice tends to alter. So, here is a list of some bad habits that are characteristics of modern life.
- Eating at the desk: You will be stunned to know that your work station comprises of a greater number of germs when compared to the toilet seat! This makes it the worst choice for dining. Besides these germs and bacteria, spending the time of eating at the working desk can lengthen the time during which you are physically inactive.
- Cleaning your teeth with toothpick: Many of us have the habit of removing food particles from the teeth with the help of toothpicks. But toothpicks may damage the teeth while making you susceptible to gum problems and other dental ailments.
- Cleaning your ears too much: Cleaning the ears rapidly and randomly can tear off the delicate ear drums and could even prove fatal if you do it wrong. Hence it is good to stay away from excessive cleaning of the ears.
- Plucking the hair in the nose: The habit of plucking those tiny, unwanted short hairs in the nose may be bad for you. When you pluck the hair of the nose, you also disrupt and tear away the skin around the hair. This lets the bacteria to find the way to your body which could pave the way for a host of health challenges.
- Watching television for long hours: Studies have reported that watching television for a long time can actually kill you. Your habit of watching back-to-back episodes of any television series can be detrimental to your health. This would increase your risk of dying from a blood clot in the lungs. This means if you watch television for about 5 hours of video every day can increase your risk of dying about 5 years earlier.
- Eating while watching TV: Another bad habit is snacking while watching tv since nutritionists say that watching television while eating can pose a serious risk to your health. This is also because people tend to munch on high-calorie foods while watching tv and it has numerous unwanted side effects. This would cause an excessive weight gain as people tend to get distracted while viewing television without being aware of what they have eaten.
Be careful about such habits and get rid of them as early as possible to lead a happy and healthy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.