The Eye Burning is essentially a burning sensation in the eye and it is a common problem in every age group. Although it is easy to determine the symptoms of Eye Burning as eye pain, itching, discharge, redness, watery eye, but its causes can range from the simple to the complex. The Eye Burning, in most cases, is a symptom of different eye conditions such as Conjunctivitis, Pink Eye, Dry Eye, Photophobia, and many more.
HOW IS EYE BURNING DIAGNOSED?
Burning eyes that last more than 2-3 days require medical attention. Ophthalmologists may conduct a physical examination of your eye and also evaluate the symptoms. Tests for finding out the cause of burning eyes are:
• Slit lamp test
• Eyelid and eye motion test
• Reaction of pupils to light
• Visual field exam
HOW IS EYE BURNING TREATED?
It is always advisable to visit an ophthalmologist or Ayurvedic doctor to treat the burning sensation of the eye.
DID YOU KNOW?
If untreated, the Eye Burning sensation can become dangerous and lead to loss of vision.
We should take good care of the organ that bestows upon us the beautiful and priceless gift of vision. But sometimes we experience burning eyes or itchy eyes and must not ignore symptoms like burning eyes, eye pain, watery eyes or red itchy eyes. The terms burning eyes and itchy eyes are often used interchangeably.
What Causes Itchy Eyes
Several factors might cause red itchy eyes. This includes:
• Chlorine of swimming pools is among the chemical irritants that cause itchy eyes.
• Chemicals in makeup might also trigger off itchy eyes.
• Dry eyes are another common cause of itchy eyes.
Itchy Eyes Home Care
If you have itchy eyes or burning eyes you need not necessarily have to run to the doctor. Some simple home cures for itchy eyes caused by eye allergies include:
• Avoid coming in contact with pets if you have eye allergies which result in itchy eyes.
• Do not get too close to grasses as it might flare up eye allergies and lead to burning eyes or itchy eyes.
• Cosmetics are another trigger for eye allergies. Shun them to the largest extent possible in order to avoid burning eyes and itchy eyes.
Contact an Eye-Doctor for Itchy Eyes
Hurry off to a doctor when itchy eyes get severe and your burning eyes lead to:
• Your vision gets affected or you have significant eye pain in addition to itchy eyes.
• Your itchy eyelids or burning eyes are accompanied by them being considerably swollen.
You have increased swelling in the eyelids.
Questions Your Doctor Will Ask About Itchy Eyelids
For treatment of your red itchy eyes the doctor might ask the following questions:
• Do the itchy eyes or watery eyes affect your vision?
• Do the watery eyes or burning eyes display sensitivity towards the light?
• Does anyone else in the household or workplace have burning eyes or problems similar to those faced by you like eye pain?
How Burning Eyes Are Treated
For treatment of your itchy eyelids the doctor may:
• Antiviral drops for herpes-like infections of virus resulting in eye pain.
• Antiviral ointments to relieve symptoms of burning eyes or itchy eyes.
Eye allergies occur along with symptoms watery eyes, itchy eyelids etc. when exposed to triggers.
Eye Allergies Relief
Eye allergies relief may be easily sought by avoiding triggers and doing the following:
• Try to keep the windows as far as practicable to avoid pollens and other triggers for eye allergies.
• Keep triggers for eye allergies like pollens at bay by wearing sunglasses and glasses.
• Make sure your bedding covers are mite-proof to avoid being exposed to dust mites and remain out of bound for triggers of eye allergies.
• Control mold with dehumidifiers and minimize the risk of eye allergies.
• Wash hands after coming in contact with animals to keep eye allergies at bay.
If you have troublesome eye pain or suspect eye allergies consult these top ophthalmologists in Jaipur, Jalandhar, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mohali etc. provided by Lybrate. Eye allergies relief is now in your hands.
Consult top doctors for Eye Burning online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anantpura, Balaji Market, Baran Road, Borkhera, Bundi Road, Chhawani and in any other locality in Kota for Eye Burning.