Gastritis is a type of inflammation that occurs in the stomach and one may experience it suddenly. This condition is caused mainly due to consumption of alcohol or particular medications like anti-inflammatory drugs. People who vomit frequently or with stress can also get Gastritis. The normal symptoms observed include, upset stomach, pain in the abdomen and vomiting and digestion are also seen as symptoms.
HOW IS GASTRITIS DIAGNOSED?
Your general physician may check your medical history and perform a series of tests to detect bacteria, stool test, blood count test as well as perform an endoscopy to diagnose the condition.
HOW IS GASTRITIS TREATED?
Treatment for Gastritis includes avoiding very hot and spicy foods along with heavier or deep fried foods. Additionally, the doctor would advise you to drink plenty of water to ease digestion and also have antacids to control the problem. Natural solutions like having cumin and fennel are recommended too.
DID YOU KNOW?
That one of the ways to reduce the severity of Gastritis is to avoid lactose and gluten rich products?
What is acute gastritis?
When the lining of the stomach gets inflamed, the condition is called gastritis. It is a stomach inflammation to avoid. It may occur periodically or may persist. The typical gastritis symptoms are:
• Pain in the upper abdomen is the commonest among gastritis symptoms.
• Acute gastritis also has nausea as one of the gastritis symptoms.
• Acute gastritis is also accompanied by vomiting.
• The bloating caused by gastritis is another reason why it is a stomach inflammation to avoid.
• Loss of appetite occurs in gastritis.
• Gastritis is a stomach inflammation to avoid due to its symptoms of heartburn.
The best cure for gastritis is to be found in a healthy gastritis diet, hitting the root cause effectively as gastric remedies. In case of gastritis diet, you should have plenty of:
• Certain types of teas make up for a good gastritis diet.
• Gastritis diet should preferably include onions.
• Garlic is another mainstay of a gastritis diet.
• Berries constitute a good gastritis diet and forms gastritis cure.
• Celery should also be on the platter of a gastritis diet.
• Kale too should accompany gastritis diet.
• Gastritis diet should include broccoli.
• Parsley should be a part of gastritis diet.
• Thyme is another ingredient of gastritis diet.
• While on a gastritis diet one should also ensure soy foods.
• Legumes too are a mainstay of gastritis diet.
Things to Avoid While On a Gastritis Diet
If you are on a gastritis diet, you should take care to avoid the following:
• While on a gastritis diet avoid smoking.
• Shun alcohol when you are on a gastritis diet.
• Avoid caffeine if you are on a gastritis diet.
• Avoid carbonated drinks when on a gastritis diet.
Gastritis treatment depends on the cause of the problem. In gastritis treatment it is often seen that some of the causes do not persist, resulting in a cure for gastritis. In case of gastritis treatment, you must stop taking medicines like:
• Aspirin must be avoided for gastritis treatment.
• Ibuprofen is not tolerated during gastritis treatment.
• Naproxen intake is also advised against when a person is undergoing gastritis treatment.
• Stomach Acid needs to be reduced when undergoing gastritis treatment.
• As such antacids are prescribed during gastritis treatment.
• Famotidine is often given to patients undergoing gastritis treatment.
• Cimetidine is also prescribed as part of gastritis treatment.
• Ranitidine is another popular drug during ongoing gastritis treatment.
Cure for Gastritis
For gastritis cure, both natural and medical gastric remedies are available. Observe the above gastric remedies and you should be good to go.
Lybrate provides you with detailed information on the top gastroenterologists in India, in Rajkot, Surat, Thane, Thoothukudi, Vadodara etc. Consult the experts for gastritis cure.
Consult top doctors for Gastritis online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in 24 Parganas, 24 Parganas North, 24 Parganas South, 9 Prince Gulam Muhammad Shah Road, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Acharya Profulla Chandra Road and in any other locality in Kolkata for Gastritis.