Joint pain takes place due to the inflammation of the joints, which are the connecting agents between two bones. Multiple causes can be attributed to joint pain with some of them being overexertion of or application of excessive pressure on the joints, certain medical conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, gout etc., and natural wear and tear of the joints. Symptoms of joint pain include inability to use the affected joint, swelling, tenderness and redness of the affected joint.
HOW IS JOINT PAIN DIAGNOSED?
Naiads (a type of drug), which are most commonly used for treating joint pain, can increase the chances of gastrointestinal bleeding.
Joint pain is very common these days. Knee-joint pain can give a lot of muscle pain and make it very difficult to facilitate movement. Knee-joint pain occurs mainly due to conditions like arthritis. There are 100 different types of arthritis or knee pain conditions.
The different types of arthritis are:
1. Inflammatory arthritis - This is also called psoriatic arthritis. Our immune system generates inflammation. It does so to prevent disease and help boost our immune system. But sometimes, the inflammation increases and goes awry. In this case, inflammatory arthritis occurs. Inflammatory arthritis is also called rheumatoid arthritis
2. Infectious arthritis - This arthritis is caused when bacteria or fungi enters the joint and thus, our joints get affected. Infectious arthritis can occur due to food poisoning, contamination or perhaps through sexual transmission.
3. Metabolic arthritis - This arthritis occurs when the quantity of uric acid increases in the body. This can be very harmful and can form needles like crystals in the joint. Metabolic arthritis can also cause disability if proper measures are not taken.
Arthritis can cause acute knee pain, hip pain and muscle pain. Osteoarthritis is a condition which can be caused by ageing, obesity and injury. Osteoarthritis causes severe knee-joint pain and also hip pain in severe cases. Symptoms of osteoarthritis are:
1. Swelling, cracking and warmth of the affected joint are early symptoms of osteoarthritis.
2. When your joints start paining after a prolonged period of inactivity like sitting in the theater, keeping your legs in the same position for a long time. Such pain is an early symptom of osteoarthritis.
3. Sometime the joints make a clicking sound during movement of the body, this can also be a symptom of osteoarthritis.
4. The intensity of pain increases towards the end of the day if you have osteoarthritis.
5. Pain in groin area or buttocks. If the hip area is affected then hip pain is severe.
Arthritis can be devastating, it makes your day to day activities extremely difficult and can give you immense discomfort. Arthritis cannot be treated fully but knee pain, hip pain and muscle pain can be reduced to a great extent by following some arthritis treatment such as:
1. Painkillers- Consuming painkiller such as paracetamol. It is better to take paracetamol before engaging in activities which involves using a lot of muscles and doing outdoor activities. It soothes the pain.
2. Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs- These drugs reduce pain, stiffness and swelling. They should only be used when the pain flares up and becomes unbearable. Some non- steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also sold as creams and can directly be applied to the affected area.
3. Hydrotherapy- This therapy is very important and also useful for curing arthritis. Hydrotherapy involves exercising in water. Exercising in water makes your body feel light and hence the weight of your body is not felt on your joints.
4. Physiotherapy- It improves your muscle strength. A physiotherapist assigns special exercises specifically tailored for you. This makes your muscles strong when combating arthritis.
Above are the top doctors for join pain in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi and Faridabad.