It is rather common for a woman to lose about 50-100 hair strands in a day. But if a woman is having hair loss beyond this, it is referred to as Female Hair Loss. What happens here is that the woman goes through a phase of extreme hair loss, accompanied with thinning of hair and also bald patches in some extreme cases.
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of this problem is done by a general physician who would ask you to undertake different kinds of hormonal tests along with blood tests to check the cause of the problem.
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS TREATED?
There are several homeopathic medicines available for treating female hair loss. If the hair loss is due to nutrient deficiencies, the condition can be treated by taking nutritional supplements. The other treatment options may include use of specific oils and medications that prevent hair loss. Hair transplant may be also be considered.
DID YOU KNOW?
Receding hairline due to female hair loss is a rare occurrence.
Hair loss is fairly common in all human beings. When the hairloss exceeds 100-150 strands regularly, it is considered to be a hairfall problem. Hair loss is often reversible with proper medical treatment. Lack of proper diagnosis and improper medication can however aggravate hair fall. The medical term for excessive hair loss is alopecia.
Androgenic alopecia or Female Pattern Baldness causes thinning of the hair on all portions of the scalp. Mainly genetic in nature, androgenic alopecia may be caused by the following hormonal factors:
• Predominance of androgens or male hormones in the female body
• Hormonal fluctuation as in the case of PCOS, pregnancy and menopause
• Intake of oral contraceptive pills
• Presence of the DHT which causes a shrinkage of hair follicles
Other conditions of hair fall include:
• Anagen Effluvium: Resulting from a trauma to the metabolism of hair follicles as caused by chemotherapy, anagen effluvium may cause the patient to lose up to ninety percent of their hair.
• Alopecia Areata: An autoimmune disorder which destroys the hair generating system of the body, this condition causes round or oval bald patches on the head.
•Telogen Effluvium: A chronic condition developed after a traumatic incident like childbirth, malnutrition, high stress or major surgery, telogen effluvium results in severe hairloss. A patient may lose hair in handfuls at its most advanced stage.
•Traction alopecia: This condition develops because of continuous pressure at the hair roots as caused by tight hairstyles like braids, cornrows, tight ponytails and hair extensions.
A few reasons for hairfall are:
• Genetic reasons.
• Iron deficiency anaemia.
• Unhealthy scalp caused by psoriasis, dandruff, and/or fungal infections like ringworm.
• Excessive hair styling.
Hair loss cannot be prevented. Adopt these simple home remedies for hair growth to minimize hairfall and boost your hair health:
• Include beetroots and multi mineral and vitamin supplements in your diet.
• Massage your head with almond, coconut, jojoba or olive oil at least an hour before shampoo.
• Drink aloe vera juice regularly and apply aloe vera gel to the scalp every night.
• Massage your scalp with a mixture of 10 drops of rosemary extract and 5 drops of nettle extract, every day.
• Apply arnica cream to the scalp or wash your hair with arnica tincture diluted with warm water.
• Apply the solution of one tablespoon of amla juice in one tablespoon lemon juice to our scalp. Leave overnight and wash off the next day.
• Make a paste of soaked fenugreek seeds and apply it to your head 40 minutes before shampoo.
• Apply onion juice on your head or mix it either with aloe vera gel or olive oil an hour before shampoo.
• Grind licorice roots and make a paste with a cup of milk and a pinch of saffron. Leave it on your head over night.
• Add 10 chinese hibiscus flowers to coconut oil and boil it. Massage this oil onto your scalp before shampoo.
• Massage your hair with coconut milk.
• Eat a teaspoonful of flaxseeds regularly.
Seek immediate medical help to stop hairfall. Send your queries on alopecia, reasons for hairfall etc. directly to the top dermatologists in the city. Lybrate offers a singular platform where patients and doctors can interact with ease. You can talk directly to the best doctors and even book a consultation appointment directly. Search for the best dermatologists in Noida, Panchkula, Patna, Rajkot, Surat etc. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more information on hairfall reasons, how to stop hairfall, home remedies for hairfall etc.
Consult top doctors for Female Hair Loss online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Ajit Prasad Nagar, Arvind Marg, Auli Village, Balawala, Banjarawala, Bhauwala and in any other locality in Dehradun for Female Hair Loss.