Have Dry Hair? 10 Home Remedies For Nourishment
Dr. Chaithanya Ks
91% (128 ratings)
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MS
15 years experience
Hair, which do not have enough moisture to shine and have a rough texture are called dry hair. Hair go dry when natural oil from hair get reduced. It happens due to prolonged exposure to sun, use of harsh water or swimming in chlorinated water, overuse of hair dryers, malnutrition of medical conditions.
Here are 10 Home Remedies for Dry Hair. Give your hair -
1) Goodness of Milk: To heal dry hair, pour some unboiled milk in a bowl. Soak a cotton ball in the milk and apply it directly on hair and scalp. After one hour, wash your hair thoroughly.
2) Conditioning of Eggs: One of the highly recommended remedies for dry hair is egg yolk. Egg yolk works as a natural moisturizer and conditioner for dry hair. Also, for moisturizing rough hair egg whites can be used. Separate white part of egg and damp it on hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and then, wash it off.
3) Nourishment of Sesame Oil: Sesame oil is excellent in nourishment. As it is rich in vitamins and minerals, it helps in strengthening hair and increasing blood circulation in the scalp.
4) Treatment of Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is very effective in treating dryness of hair. A simple pack or massage of apple cider vinegar works wonders. Apply it with the help of a cotton ball on the scalp and hair. Rinse it off after 5-10 minutes.
5) Richness of Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is the magical remedy for curing dry hair. Massage your scalp with the oil. It is beneficial to use warm coconut oil.
7) Strength of Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are a great remedy for the treatment of hair. They are enriched with calcium, vitamins, phosphorous, and iron. Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil adding 5-6 curry leaves in it for a few minutes and allow it to cool down. Apply it on the scalp and hair.
8) Moisture of Curd/Yogurt: Yogurt is a natural conditioner for dry hair. Apply it as a mask on hair. The moisturizing properties of yogurt quick heal dryness of hair.
9) Smoothening of Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek(methi) seeds are great natural remedy for dry hair. The conditioning properties of fenugreek seeds makes hair smooth and silky.
10) Beauty of Bananas: Bananas are excellent for treatment of dry hair. They are rich in potassium, antioxidants, and vitamins, which makes them a beautifying fruit. For the treatment of dry hair, you need to prepare a pack out of banana paste and apply on scalp and hair.
found this helpful