Hair loss or alopecia is a condition which affects almost everyone at some point or the other. Though it is not painful, but the thought of losing hair and the appearance can be depressing. Women tend to be more affected by this condition than men. Some of the top reasons for hair loss are:
• Hormones can be the most obvious reason for premature hair thinning
• Hereditary reasons
• Scalp infection
• Certain drugs and medicines
Major signs and symptoms of hair loss includes:
• Hair thinning
• Bald spots
• Loss of hair all over the body
Made up of a protein called keratin, your hair follicles produce new hair cells and the old cells that are pushed out through the skin surface. Earlier it was thought to be an ageing phenomenon, but now with the sedentary lifestyle, it is a very common problem which everyone faces. Listed below are some super easy and beneficial home remedies for hair growth:
1. Coconut milk- Coconut milk rich in potassium, iron and essential fats is extremely effective in hair regrowth. All you need to do is mix coconut milk with some lemon and lavender oils and apply to your scalp twice or thrice a week.
2. Apple cider vinegar- apple cider vinegar helps in cleaning the hair and maintain the PH level of the hair. It also helps in promoting hair growth and add shine and texture to your hair.
3. Egg mask- eggs containing high levels of protein helps in the formation of new hair. This is one of the best easy and natural home remedy for hair loss used since ages. Eggs are also useful in good skin.
4. Green tea- after having your cup of green tea, think again before throwing the tea bags away. As it is rich in antioxidants, it helps in boosting hair growth and also prevents hair loss.
5. Indian gooseberry- Indian gooseberry or amla is extremely effective in hair growth as it is rich in vitamin C.
6. Licorice root- another essential herb to prevent hair loss and further damage to the hair, is the licorice root. The herb helps in opening up the pores, soothes the scalp and prevent any kind of irritation. It is also effective in treating dandruff, baldness and hair loss
7. Switching from a cotton fabric to a satin one can help in preventing hair loss as it is a much softer fabric that does not cause friction
8. Avoid washing your hair with hot water as it removes the natural moisture from your hair. Instead rinse your hair with cold water.
9. Always use a conditioner after every shower. The conditioner should be applied to wet hair which restores the lipids and protein in your hair helping to keep it smoother.
10. Trim your hair every 3 months. This helps to make your locks look healthier and less damaged.
Lybrate offers you a chance to find the top trichologists in Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai etc.
Consult top doctors for Hair Loss online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Neyveli, Abhiramapuram, Acharapakkam, Adambakkam, Adyar, Alandur and in any other locality in Chennai for Hair Loss.