Top 5 Sinus-Relief Home Remedies
Written and reviewed by
MBBS, MS - ENT
ENT Specialist, INDORE
13 years experience
Acute sinusitis (acute rhinosinusitis) causes your nasal passages (sinuses) to become inflamed and swollen. This interferes with drainage and causes mucus to build up. It is difficult to breathe, area around your eyes and face may be swollen. Acute sinusitis is most often caused by the common cold. Other triggers are allergies, bacterial and fungal infections.
These self-help steps can help relieve sinusitis symptoms:
1. Get good rest. This will help your body fight infection and speed recovery.
2. Drink plenty of fluids: Like, water or juice. This will help dilute mucous secretions and promote drainage. Avoid beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol, as they can be dehydrating.
3. Sleep with your head elevated. This will help your sinuses drain, reducing congestion.
4. Moisten your sinus cavities: Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the vapour from a bowl of hot water. Or take a hot shower. This will help ease pain and help mucus drain.
5. Apply warm compresses to your face. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes to ease facial pain.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions regarding Sinus or other ENT-related issues.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
found this helpful