Stomach Inflammation - 5 Quick Tips To Get Rid Of It!
MD - Ayurveda, BAMS, Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
Ayurvedic Doctor, Bangalore
10 years experience
Do you feel bloated like a whale? Do you have a burning sensation in your stomach that makes you want to bend over constantly? This inflammation of your stomach could be caused by a number of reasons. One of the most common scenarios can be that you may have had a little too much to drink the last night, eaten too much spicy food or just eaten something that may have inflamed your stomach. Worry not, because you can treat your stomach inflammation easily with these quick fixes.
Here are a few home remedies that can help:
- Probiotics: Buttermilk is rich in probiotics and probiotics are known to introduce good bacteria to your digestive system and help improve digestion. They also aid in regulating bowel movements and speed up the healing process.
- Green tea: Amongst other things green tea also helps soothe your digestive system. It also improves digestion. Studies have shown that drinking a cup of warm green tea even just once a week can make a significant difference for gastritis patients. To improve the taste, you can add a spoonful of honey to the tea, as honey also has a number of potential health benefits for your digestive system.
- Eat smaller meals: Eating heavy meals with large gaps between them can be one of the major causes of stomach inflammation. So, if you’ve been suffering from recurring gastritis attacks, consider eating smaller meals with shorter gaps between them. Also, pay attention to what you’re eating, avoid foods that make you feel bloated and are difficult to digest. If you do not know what foods trigger such a response, start maintaining a food journal. This will help you in identifying the foods that don’t suit your digestive system.
- Garlic Extract: Garlic has a number of health benefits. This herb is also great for an upset stomach. Garlic extract can help remove H. pylori from your stomach. This is the strain of bacteria most commonly responsible for stomach inflammation. In order to get the maximum benefit crush a few pods of raw garlic, extract its juice and drink a teaspoon of it. Alternatively, you can buy garlic extract from an Ayurvedic store for the same purpose.
- Ginger: Ginger also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat stomach inflammation. To benefit from this chew a piece of raw ginger followed by a glass of water. Alternatively, boil a piece of ginger with water and milk; drink this tea to get relief from inflammation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful