How Frequently Should You be Having Sex?
It has been espoused in common knowledge that when you have inttercourse with your partner, it makes both of you feel happier, satisfied and contented. This helps bring you closer to each other and results in a stronger and better relationship. Sexual activities have a direct connection to your psychological well-being. However, the number of times you have sex isn’t as important as the quality of the time you spend with your partner.
Stressed out on sex!
Due to modern lifestyle and stress, young couples are increasingly finding it difficult to hit the bed together, thus putting sex on the backburner. Research states most young couples now consider sex as secondary, mechanical and monotonous, which can be kept for a later time. But that is not the sign of normalcy. You don’t need to do it daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is beneficial for a healthy body, mind, and relationship.
Some of the benefits of having regular sex
- Sex releases endorphins hormone which reduces stress and also lets you experience euphoria. This makes you feel satisfied and happy during the act and in general with your life.
- It is directly related to promoting attractiveness. During sexual intercourse, the body releases pheromones which make you look more attractive to other people.
- If you experience orgasms during the activity, you are most likely to have an enhanced life span due to the promotion of better circulation within the body.
- Sex acts as an excellent pain reliever due to the release of endorphins.
- Sex also helps you to have better control of your bladder by working out the muscles during an orgasm.
- It has also been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men.
How much is too much?
These are just a few of the reasons sexologists and health care experts advise you to have intercourse often, at least twice weekly. You don’t need to do it regularly, as over indulgence will have negative effects too. It could also signal the start of problems with sexual addiction. Some of the negative effects of too much sex could be:
- It will lead to a detrimental effect on your sexual activity. You will find it difficult to get aroused often.
- You experience cramps on your body.
- You can experience difficulties in your bowel and urinary functions.
- You would be constantly distracted by the thoughts of sex which could lead to sex addiction.
It is best to stay within a limit, have fun with your partner twice or thrice a week and enjoy the health and psychological benefits of this natural marvel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
In case you have a concern or query regarding sexual health ask a doctor online, you can consult the best sexologist doctor online, & get the answers to your questions.