Food Precautions And Routine For Piles Patients
Written and reviewed by
MBBS, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Kota
19 years experience
- Stop using any tea/coffee completely. No out side hot/cold Beverages.
- Do not use sour taste items (Tamarind, Lemons, Pickles, Tomatoes, Curds, oranges, citrus, Vinegar etc.) in your food.
- Non-Vegetarian food even eggs are completely restricted.
- No Chilies in any form (Red, green, Chili powder and raw) and spicy food.
- No deep-fried and oily food best preffred is boiled food.
- No Heavy pulses i.e. Black Grams (Urd), Kidney Grams (Rajmaha), Lobia Etc.
- Drinking is strictely prohibited in any case, smoking and chewing of any tobacco items have to be avoided.
- No heavy exercises i.e. weight lifting, but a complete bed rest is not required.
- Avoid long journey, sitting/drivingriding for long hours, after every 1 hour session please have a 10 minutes walk and no late night working or awakening.
What to use: (Compulsory)
- Drink lots of water (4-5) liters in a day)
- Drink radish juice 50-100 ml thrice in a day. (mandatory). Eat radishes and carrots compulsory in your food or as salad.
- Use light and liquid food as Moong Dal (Green Grams) , Arahar dal(Yellow dal) , rice etc.
- Suggested Food routine:
Breakfast: Have Daliya/Saviyan/Fruit salad/Upma/Poha /Idli etc.
Lunch: Semi solid mixutre (khichddi) of Rice and Moong (Green Grams)in lunch.
Dinner: Green Grams/Vegetables and rice/roti with a half spoon home made butter added to vegetable in dinner. All the preparation shall be with out spices, chilies and oil. Preferred to have boiled food.
- Take one spoon of Triphala powder or any other digestive enhancer with warm water or as per the prescriptions before going to sleep.
- Eat fiber rich fruits and vegetables i.e. Papaya, Fig,Watermelon, Pomegranate, Guava, etc.
found this helpful