If you are suffering from Piles or Haemorrhoids problem then you need to take care of your food habits. Try to eat healthy and fiber-rich food in your diet. Food precautions for piles patients are necessary otherwise piles pain can increase. Liquid diet for hemorrhoids patients is also important, they need to take a lot of liquids in the form of fruit juices and water so that stools become softer and easy to pass out.
Food Precautions for Piles Patients
- Stop using any tea/coffee completely. No outside hot/Cold Beverages.
- Do not use sour taste items (Tamarind, Lemons, Pickles, Tomatoes, Curds, oranges, citrus, Vinegar etc.) in your food.
- Non-Vegetarian food even eggs are completely restricted.
- No Chilies in any form (Red, green, Chili powder, and raw) and spicy food.
- No deep-fried and oily food best preferred is boiled food.
- No Heavy pulses i.e. Black Grams (Urd), Kidney Grams (Rajmaha), Lobia Etc.
- Drinking is strictly prohibited in any case, smoking and chewing of any tobacco items have to be avoided.
- No heavy exercises i.e. weight lifting, but complete bed rest is not required.
- Avoid long journeys, sitting/driving riding for long hours, after every 1-hour session please have a 10 minutes walk and no late-night working or awakening.
Liquid Diet for Hemorrhoids Patients
- Drink lots of water (4-5) liters in a day)
- Drink radish juice 50-100 ml thrice in a day. (mandatory). Eat radishes and carrots compulsory in your food or as a salad.
- Use light and liquid food as Moong Dal (Green Grams), Arahar dal(Yellow dal), rice, etc.
- Suggested Food routine:
Breakfast: Have Daliya/Saviyan/Fruit salad/Upma/Poha /Idli etc.
Lunch: Semi-solid mixture (khichadi) of Rice and Moong (Green Grams)in lunch.
Dinner: Green Grams/Vegetables and rice/roti with a half spoon homemade butter added to vegetables in dinner. All the preparation shall be without spices, chilies, and oil. Preferred to have boiled food.
- Take one spoon of Triphala powder or any other digestive enhancer with warm water or as per the prescriptions before going to sleep.
- Eat fiber rich fruits and vegetables i.e. Papaya, Fig, Watermelon, Pomegranate, Guava, etc.
Update From Lybrate: To keep your Gut Health on track and to avoid constipation and gastric troubles, we suggest you buy Gut Care products available on Lybrate at affordable prices.