Do's and Dont's for Knee Pain Patients
Dr. Priyanka Ray
89% (77 ratings)
Physiotherapist, New Delhi
6 years experience
The knee joint is one of the most commonly injured joints in the body. Whether you play sport, are extremely active or just spend all day on your feet, the knees are under constant stress. Knee pain can develop over time, or it can be the result of injury. Physiotherapists provide expert advice, assessment and treatment to correctly diagnose the problem and speed up the recovery.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.
found this helpful