Bowel movement is extremely important for the body. An abnormal bowel movement can lead to a painful, hard and dry stool. If the constipation is accompanied by symptoms such as weight loss, abdominal pain and blood in stool, it should be immediately reported to the doctor. For patients who face chronic constipation, there are some great remedies which can be tried at home to fetch great results:
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a healthy fat that can relieve constipation. It not only stimulates the digestive system, but also ensures that the colon functions properly and constipation is prevented. 1 tablespoon of olive oil should be consumed daily in empty stomach.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon is a great agent for the stomach. The citric acid found in fresh lemon acts as a great stimulant for the digestive system. Furthermore, it has the ability to flush out undigested materials and harmful toxins that have queued up along the colon walls. It should be consumed every alternate day with 1 cup of warm water.
- Molasses: Blackstrap molasses acts as a great agent for relieving chronic constipation. The vitamin, magnesium and mineral content of the molasses make them a perfect solution for the digestive tract. Due to their high fat content, they should be consumed on alternate days. 1 tablespoon of molasses in water should do the trick for addressing constipation.
- Coffee: Apart from the fresh aroma of the coffee, they are a great stimulant for clearing constipation. 1-2 cups of it throughout the day should keep you in a good state. Over-consumption of caffeine, on the other hand, can have an opposite effect on the body. It dehydrates the body and constipation are set into motion.
- Fibre intake: Natural fruits, grains and veggies such as apricots, beans, nuts, broccoli, potatoes etc. contain a lot of fibre. The body cannot digest fibre but it acts as a sponge and squeeze water from the surrounding making the stool soft and easy to pass. As a matter of fact, even plenty of water consumption helps the body a great deal in relieving constipation.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has multiple health benefits. One of this includes the soothing effect of the tummy. 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera on a daily basis should be mixed with hot water and consumed before breakfast. Gel extracted from real Aloe Vera leaf serves a better purpose of relieving constipation that the ones that are available in the market.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda contains bicarbonate, which squeezes air from the tummy and relieves an individual from the pressure and the pain. Other benefits of baking soda are its acid neutralising and stomach re-alkalizing effect on the stomach. Baking soda can be consumed with warm water on a daily basis.