Can't Stop Smoking? Atleast Follow This Advice.
Written and reviewed by
89% (1936 ratings)
General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
22 years experience
Every smoker knows smoking is not good, yet the addiction stays. This addiction can lead to a variety of problems that can damage their body in at times, irreparable ways. The tar in cigarettes is particularly damaging. It can lead to reduction in oxygen consumption and replenishment in the body and makes open or more susceptible to diseases such as emphysema and bronchitis. However the biggest killer is 'nicotine. There are ways to offset nicotine intake.
Adopt these methods to detox your body of nicotine.
1) Drink lots of water - Having a lot of water helps. Lime water, chamomile or green tea help a lot in flushing out the nicotine that has accumulated your body for over the years.
2) Take diet rich in nutrients and fibres - Nicotine addiction and if you quit, smoking withdrawal may lead to unbalanced diet and weight gain. So, ensure that you consume enough fibre for regular bowel movement to clean out your system. Berries, grapes, mangoes and a variety of antioxidants are a must have.
3) Avoid these foods - There are certain foods you should consider avoiding. For instance, alcohol. Also, avoid soda, caffeine and fried foods as well.
4) Exercise - Strengthen the capacity of your lungs through deep breathing and other cardio-strength training exercises.
5) Make 'No Smoke' a Goal - The only long term help in detoxifying your body from nicotine is to remain smoke free. While your determination plays the most important role here, some people can leave it without many hassles, while others witness severe withdrawal symptoms. You can also opt for a nicotine patch or gum to help you with it.
If you have any further questions on issues related to smoking or other general health queries, click on 'consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
found this helpful