Blood Pressure - Can Acupuncture Help You Treat it?
Written and reviewed by
Bachelor in TCM, Diploma in Acupuncture, Diploma in Naturopathy & Yogic Science (DNYS)
20 years experience
Blood pressure problems trouble every third human being down the street; a thorough survey could affirm the aforementioned statement. While mild fluctuations can be tackled through medication, the secondary health issues triggered by high or low blood pressure can aggravate to make treatment a little problematic. Increased or decreased blood pressure levels could be indicative of underlying health problems and could also be the cause of severe ailments. Medical assistance should thus be sought at the earliest possible.
Many kinds of treatments are available at your disposal but it would indeed be wise for you to opt for an alternative branch of medicine that not only helps you regulate blood pressure in emergency situations, but also helps you maintain a level close to the optimum. Acupuncture owes its roots to traditional Chinese medicine and is a tried and tested alternative solution to the curse of increased or decreased blood pressure levels.
How is Acupuncture helpful:
- Acupuncture deals with the insertion of needles at different pressure points of your body to relieve you of pain or diseases of any kind; it is effective in controlling blood pressure levels by adjusting and re-stabilizing energy flow in your body.
- In certain cases electro-acupuncture has successfully brought down a sharp rise in blood pressure. In some other cases, this method has had side effects. Electro-acupuncture should therefore be a subjective mode of treatment.
- The changes brought about in your blood pressure after you have been monitored with Acupuncture are mostly gradual. The best part of such kind of a cure is that the gradual changes last for a very long span of time.
- Acupuncture is believed to kindle processes inside your nerves to further stimulate parts of your brain that directly control blood pressure levels. Research studies are being conducted to back up the positive effects of acupuncture with stronger arguments.
- The fact that acupuncture is a low- risk option makes it all the more viable a solution to tackle problems related to blood pressure. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
found this helpful