Allergies - How To Boost Immunity Against Them?
General Physician, Ahmedabad
14 years experience
Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Have you been trying to find the best solutions to get relief from the allergy symptoms? Although different forms of medicines can be used for treating seasonal allergies, it is important to understand that allergies can be eliminated by building the body’s immunity against them. Here are five tips you can follow to boost your immune system to get rid of the seasonal allergies.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is considered to be the best way to change the way your immune system responds to allergens such as ragweed and pollen. Immunotherapy is the prevention or treatment of disease with substances that stimulate the immune response. The amounts are increased gradually. The immune system gets desensitised due to this treatment. This treatment is ideal for people who suffer from allergies all year round.
- Meditation: Increased amount of stress worsens existing allergies by upsetting the balance of substances in the body controlling your immune response. Meditation is a great way to eliminate stress and helps in relieving anxiety. Regular meditation will keep you free from allergies.
- Healthy lifestyle: Maintaining a healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the effects of seasonal allergies. If you watch your weight and keep your body in shape by exercising regularly, you will lead a healthy life and be able to withstand the effects of allergies. In case you are sensitive to allergens like pollen, which are present outdoors, you should exercise indoors. You can continue with your medication while following this healthy regime.
- Control your surroundings: Creating an environment in order to minimise the amount of allergens is an ideal way to stay away from allergies and allergy symptoms. You can use an air conditioner to control the temperature instead of keeping the windows open. You should wear a protective mask and gloves while gardening and always change your clothes before entering your home.
- Laugh: According to research, humour and laughter may increase your immune functions as these increase the level of immunoglobulin A in the body. This is a protein present in the eyes, throat, ears, nose and mouth, which helps in protection against infections. Have a good laugh and stay preoccupied with things which will keep you happy and laughing.
In many cases, your immune system fails to put up a good fight against seasonal allergies. In such situations, you have to take allergy medication to fight the infections. You should consult a doctor for the right dose of allergy medications based on your symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful