5 Foods That Care For Your Vagina
Written and reviewed by
DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), MBBS
How to improve your vaginal health?
There is very little awareness or action to ensure vaginal health for women. There aren't many public discussions to be witnessed and women basically survive on whatever little they know and experience.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your vaginal health, naturally:
1. Drink lots of water - our body is 70% water. And water alone is the cure to a lot of our basic health problems. To have a healthy vagina too, you should drink a lot of water. The science behind this is that mucous vaginal membranes need a lot of water.
2. Go nuts - almonds, flaxseeds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, and such nuts should be eaten in plenty. The essential minerals in them regulate your monthly cycle and also ensure that you do not face dryness, itchiness, etc.
3. Have garlic - we all know that garlic has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Eating them raw helps cure infections. Wrapping a clove of fresh garlic into gauze and making a sort of a tampon, inserting it into your vagina and leaving it overnight would actually cure itchiness, dryness and infections.
4. Try cranberry juice - cranberries (the pure form, and not the bottled ones) are known to be beneficial for the bladder. They also acidify the urine and balance the ph in your vagina.
5. Less sugar is good - sugars, wheat and alcohols should be avoided when trying to heal an infection. It is advisable to consume these products as less as possible. The sweetness from all these foods disbalance the ph level of the vagina. If you want your vagina to be healthy, avoid rich, processed and sugary foods, and eat a balanced diet with a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
8647 people found this helpful