5 Effective Natural Cures for a Sore Throat
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Diploma in Pharmacy
26 years experience
5 Most Useful Natural Cures for a Sore Throat
Inflammation of the pharynx, the tube that connects back of the mouth to the esophagus results in Sore Throat. Caused by bacterial, viral or fungal infections, allergies or irritants like smoke, pollution or dry air, or sometimes even acid reflux from the stomach via the esophagus, sore throat can be very uncomfortable and painful. If accompanied by fever or swollen tonsils causing blockage of the throat, doctor’s intervention is required, but otherwise you can try these natural remedies to get rid of that downright miserable feeling of Sore Throat:
1. Pain Relief Potion: Take a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon each of lime juice, apple cider vinegar and honey. Sip it slowly few times a day to get relief from pain.
2. Spicy mix for Total Relief: Drink this spicy tea everyday for a week and get rid of Sore Throat. Add 2 pinch each of cinnamon & black pepper powder to a glass of warm water and drink it. The black pepper relieves pain while cinnamon reduces the production of mucus & eases breathing.
3. Potent pomegranate: Pomegranates can help to reduce the swelling in your throat since they contain astringents that help in contracting tissues. Besides they have anti oxidants that fight infection. Just peel a pomegranate and boil its rind in two glasses of water for 15-20 minutes. Drink this tea to get relief.
4. Beneficial Licorice Root: Licorice has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that help to reduce irritation and swelling of the throat. Take a one inch piece of licorice root and boil in 1 cup of water till reduced to half. Use it to gargle, do it 1-2 times a day to get fast relief.
Salt in warm water gargles are also an all time remedy for Sore throat. You can alternate with Licorice gargles, do it once or twice to ease pain.
5. Power of Turmeric: Add ½ tsp of Turmeric powder to a teaspoon of honey and make a paste. Lick it completely before sleeping but make sure not to drink water after that. You will get rid of your sore throat within three days.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
found this helpful