Gemcal Kit helps in the control of some conditions that arise because of fluctuating levels of the parathyroid hormone in the body. It effectively manages low levels of calcium, in those who are undergoing chronic kidney dialysis.
The drug is a type of Vitamin D, and helps the body absorb calcium as well as phosphate properly, in order to prevent the development of related health problems.
The drug should not be used if one is allergic to any component in it or if you have extremely high levels of calcium and Vitamin D in the body.
Gemcal Kit can be taken either with food or without. Patients who are on Gemcal Kit, should avoid the use of mineral oils and antacids that contain magnesium, primarily because they interfere with the effects of the drug. In case of a missed dose, take it immediately when you remember. If it is already time for the following dose, jus skip the dose that is missed and return to proper schedule.
Certain side effects that may occur when taking Gemcal Kit are- hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria, that may lead to symptoms like weakness, headache, nausea, pain the in bones and muscles, constipation and dryness of the mouth.
People with chronic kidney disease notice that their bones tend to get weaker and more slender. They become painful and are bound to break more easily as a consequence of mineral loss. The most common kind of bone infections happen when:
Every bone disease affects bones in different ways.
There are two kidneys in the body on the right and left sides, which have a significant role in metabolism, as outlined below.
Any impaired kidney function leads to all these associated organs being affected, such as increased blood pressure, improper bone functioning and blood cell formation. So, whenever a kidney disease is suspected, early diagnosis and treatment is very essential. This results in minimal treatment and better prognosis.
Most people undergo an annual chemical test to check the blood and urine, which would indicate increase in protein levels or other abnormalities. When there is increase in the protein level, a kidney disease needs to be ruled out. One of the best ways to identify renal issues is to do a renal scan. Some of the common reasons for getting a renal scan done are listed below:
What is done?
A radioisotope material is injected into a vein and the flow of this material is then monitored. This scan evaluates the blood flow through and to the kidneys; how the urine flow takes place; and the size/structure of the kidneys. The scan will take about two hours to complete. A renogram is a graph that shows the flow of the tracer through the kidney.
A different density of uptake indicates different disease conditions. It is usually a painless procedure other than the slight discomfort caused by the needle prick. The results are usually available within two days for the doctor to interpret and take appropriate action.
Calcium is an essential mineral in our diet, and makes up roughly 2% of an adult’s body weight. It is a critical aspect of our bone growth, development and maintenance throughout our entire lives, which is why a deficiency of this mineral is such a serious problem. Fortunately, there are many different calcium supplements on the market to ensure that we get the recommended amount of calcium that our body needs to function and support itself properly.
What are calcium supplements?
List of calcium supplements:
1. Calcium carbonate
Tums 500os-cal 500caltrate 600viactiv calcium chewsgnc calcium complete
2. Calcium citrate
Cluebonnet calcium citrate magnesium and vitamin d3rainbow light mini-tabletsswanson calcium citrate and vitamin dsolgar calcium citratetwinlab calcium citrate caps
Why do you need calcium?
As mentioned earlier, calcium is required by the body for bone mineral density, and a deficiency in this mineral will increase the risk of osteoporosis, as well as osteopenia. Some of the common symptoms of calcium deficiency include fainting, muscle weakness, psoriasis, brittle nails, tooth decay, seizures, itching, problems swallowing and numbness in the fingers and toes.
Aside from bone strength and durability, calcium is also needed by the body for proper nerve communication and function, as well as for the contraction of muscles throughout the body. Calcium plays a role in protecting cardiac muscle, controlling blood pressure, strengthening the teeth and gums, transporting nutrients throughout the body and keeping the ph balance of the body in line.
Clearly, deficiencies in this important mineral must be taken seriously, due to their comprehensive effects on health.
Food sources of calcium
While supplements are always available to increase your daily intake of calcium, there are also many calcium-rich foods that are easy to incorporate into your daily diet.
Kaleyogurtcheesebok choysardineskefirwatercressfigsclamsgreen beanssesame seeds oranges almonds
￼Benefits of calcium supplements
Calcium supplements can be very effective for improving bone strength, particularly as you age, after a major injury, illness or surgery, or if you are already at high risk for osteoporosis (due to contributing health factors). These supplements can also help in the prevention of arthritis and to help maintain your weight. Furthermore, since so many calcium supplements include magnesium, vitamin d and other commonly deficient vitamins, use of these nutritional supplements can help your body in many other ways too!
Side effects of calcium supplements
The regular use of calcium supplements can have certain negative side effects, such as constipation, excess gas, nausea, irregular heartbeat, muscle pain, dry mouth, headaches or dizziness. These are mainly experienced when you suffer from hypercalcemia, which means your body is taking in too much calcium. When calcium is taken in large concentrations, the body is unable to process all of it at once, so it could begin depositing it in the wrong places.
This sort of excessive calcium in the body can lead to problems with the kidneys, muscles, stomach, bones and even the brain, causing irritability and even depression. If you experience ongoing symptoms of sore muscles and joints, pain in your back and spine, decreased appetite or excessive urination, you are likely suffering from too much calcium.
Speak to your doctor or nutritionist before adding calcium supplements to your daily intake; if your diet already accounts for the daily recommended amount of calcium, there is no need to take supplements.
Things to consider while taking calcium supplements
Before you choose to take calcium supplements, there are a few things to consider, namely your age, diet, pre-existing medical conditions and prescribed medications.
1. Age: depending on how old you are, as well as your gender, you may require more or less calcium. Women under 50 and men under 70 only require 1, 000 milligrams a day, where as women over 50 and men over 70 require approximately 1, 200 milligrams per day. As your age changes, if your diet doesn’t, you may want to consider supplementing with calcium to keep your bones strong.
2. Diet: while there are many different foods that can deliver calcium, certain dietary choices and styles may inherently keep your calcium content low. Vegans tend to lack calcium, as they don’t include dairy products in their diet, which is a great and consistent source of calcium. Furthermore, people who consume foods that are high in protein or sodium tend to lose more calcium through urination, which can lead to osteoporosis, even if your intake of calcium seems acceptable.
3. Medical conditions: certain diseases and conditions demand more calcium from the body, prevent calcium absorption, or cause excessive calcium loss. If you have suffer from chronic inflammation, crohn’s disease or celiac disease, the condition may be preventing calcium absorption in the gut, and calcium supplements may be a good thing. However, if you are at high risk for kidney stones or prostate cancer, high levels of calcium could heighten that risk.
4. Medications: the use of corticosteroids is quite common for chronic disease, and this can lower the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Furthermore, if you are taking antibiotics, it can interfere with how your body takes in calcium, so supplements may be required.
5. Other mineral deficiencies: some of the body’s receptors for nutrients are shared, so calcium, iron and zinc are often in competition in the gut to be absorbed and used. If you have other mineral deficiencies, it may be wise to space out your supplements, rather than taking them all at once, so that your body can properly process each of them.
Carbon laser peeling is so called hollywood peel. It is gradually growing in india because of its zero downtime and instant results. Carbon laser peel is a laser procedure that uses a carbon layer as a photo - enhancer to improve the skin's radiance and promotes a smooth and glowing complexion. This treatment is used to target active acne as carbon powder penetrates into pores, thus allowing the laser to focus it's energy more effectively. It also helps refine enlarged pores to reduce oil secretion, remove open comedones and achieve whitening effects.
mechanism of action:
Laser energy lightly absorbs carbon particles, heating dermis which results in stimulating the building up of collagen leading to tightening and younger looking skin and lightly ablating the top layer of epidermis. Laser energy breaks up pigment that is carried away by blood vessels and lightening effect is achieved. It has bactericidal effect on propionibacterium acnes and decreases the size of sebaceous glands so a favourable response is seen in acne prone patients.
• enlarged or dilated pores
• presence of fine lines
• oily and acne prone skin
• dull complexion or dyschromia
• acute or chronic inflammatory dermatoses
• history of keloidal tendency
1. Cleansing: it is done with a mild cleanser so as to remove any oil, dirt and makeup and apply eye protective sheild.
2. Carbon paste application:
Then a uniform layer of medicated carbon paste is applied over the area to be treated. Then dab it with a cotton pad so as to remove excess of carbon.
3. Laser pass:
We use q - switched nd-yag 1320nm at maximum fluence tolerable to patient as it should not hurt throughout the procedure. The pass is given without overlapping. The carbon particles are absorbed by laser and leave skin refreshed and toned.
4. Cleaning: the remaining carbon particles, if anywhere, should be cleaned with micelle solution and a layer of vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serum is applied followed by sunscreen.
• avoid sun and sauna bath for 7 days
• use moisturiser and sunscreen on a regular basis.
• maintain hydration
• erythema and transient swelling which may be present for few hours and can be managed well with ice packs
• post inflammatory hyperpigmentation may also occur
• laser burn is quite rare
Even after single session, smooth and even skin is noticed. For ideal results, 5-6 sessions at interval of 2-3 weeks are advised for other indications.
Inadequate intake of zinc rich foods like meat, shell fish, liver gelatin, beans, rice, bread, cereals lentils etc.
Incomplete absorption of zinc from the food due to many barrier likes presence of phytic acid in the diet hampers.
- Reduced appetite
- Retarded growth.