Acne or pimple is a common skin problem which results when the skin pores are blocked because of oil and dead skin cells. The intensity of acne can vary from person to person and can be severe or mild. Severe acne refers to the back, neck, chest and face being covered with hundreds of pimples while mild acne refers to a condition where a couple of pimples appear. Typical symptoms of acne are pimples and blackheads and whiteheads too are considered as symptoms of acne. Cystic lesions – big, deep and painful pimple – are also symptom of acne.
HOW IS ACNE/PIMPLES DIAGNOSED?
Symptoms can be diagnosed by Dermatologists by • Examining areas producing acne • Laser beams
HOW IS ACNE/PIMPLES TREATED?
The dermatologists will choose from an optimal combination of topical lotions, gels and oral medication for treating acne.
DID YOU KNOW?
Using oil free products, avoiding over-washing, eating less oily food, maintaining personal hygiene, not squeezing and picking blemishes are few ways to prevent acne to spread further.
Acne vulgaris, commonly called acne or even pimples affects many teenagers and youth. The basic cause of acne is the hormonal changes that one goes through with the onset of puberty. During this period the sebaceous gland also becomes active contributing to the outbreak of pimples. Other factors also responsible for acne are pollution, heredity, excessive use of cosmetics, unhealthy eating habits and many others.
Acne can either result in the form of zits, which are pimples that contain pus or break out as painful bumps. They generally occur on the face, chest and back region.
When taking into consideration how to remove pimples, some home remedies really work wonders. Some of these home remedies for acne are –
• Lemon juice- Just like Apple cider vinegar which is good for getting rid of pimples, lemon juice too removes acne in no time. This is because both lemon juice and apple cider vinegar contain citric acid. Lemon juice also has high content of L-ascorbic acid, which is an antioxidant and an astringent agent.
• Garlic- garlic gets rid of pimples effectively. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which kills the germs and bacteria on the surface of the skin. Application of garlic juice on the skin as well as garlic in the diet help a lot with acne problem.
• Egg whites- very rich in protein and vitamins, the application of egg whites on the skin helps to tighten it and draw out oil and dirt.
• Honey- pimples on face are greatly reduced if honey is applied as a face mask regularly. Honey has mild antiseptic properties and also reduces swelling. For best possible results it is best that 100% organic is applied on the face. Honey mixed with a little cinnamon work well to remove blackheads too.
• Baking soda- Baking soda does not only act as a good face cleanser, it is also an efficient drying agent which cleans the skin effectively. Baking soda is also a very good exfoliating agent, and work well in blackhead removal too.
Acne can either be very mild, moderate or extremely severe. While mild and moderate cases of pimples can be dealt with natural home remedies, severe cases of acne generally occur because of an underlying cause. Thus, a doctor should be consulted in this case and necessary treatment should be undertaken. Adopting pimple prevention methods are simple and easy to follow. A clean skin is essential to prevent pimples, thus one should wash his/her face at least twice a day. Moisturizing regularly and avowing too many cosmetics is also essential. Good care of skin and healthy lifestyle work together to prevent pimples.
Lybrate gives you a great chance to consult with the top dermatologists and seek advice for your skin problems. With Lybrate you can opt for consulting the top doctors all over India. Find top dermatologists and general physicians in Jalandhar, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mohali, Nagpur etc. Lybrate.com is the ideal online solution to your healthcare issues, you can consult the doctor of your choice from the comfort of your home. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more tips on how to get rid of pimples.
You can consult doctors online for Acne/Pimples from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Acharya Nagar, Allahabad Road, Arya Nagar, Azad Nagar, Bagdaudi Naramau, Baradevi and in any other locality in Kanpur.