92% (1067 ratings)
Master in Psychology, MD - Ayurveda, Dems, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, PILKHUWA , Hapur
14 years experience
What is hyperacidity?
It is an uncomfortable burning sensation that often times creeps up the throat, and is a symptom more so than a disease. It is caused by acid reflux.
Home remedies for hyperacidity
1. Take 3-6 gm of liquorice (mulethi) root powder with warm milk.
2. Drink cold milk without any additives. Make it more effective add one teaspoonful of ghee to it.
3. Eat overripe bananas during an attack of acidity. They have higher amounts of potassium making it even more effective.
4. Boil one cup of water and to it add one tsp of fennel (souf). Cover and leave overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey. Taken this preparation 3 times a day.
5. Chew cumin (jeera) or boil it in water. Drink the water when it has cooled down.
6. Chop some mint leaves, add them to a pot of boiling water and drink this water after cooling it.
7. To relieve acidity, crush two pods of cardamom (with or without the skin), boil the powder in water and drink the cooled juice for instant relief.
8. Crush ginger, mix it with a small piece of jaggery (gud) and keeping sucking on it allowing the juice to slowly reach the stomach.
9. One teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity way.
Chewing holy basil (tulsi) leaves.
found this helpful