Hearing aid is a small electronic device that you wear in or behind your ear.It makes sound louder so that a person with hearing loss can listen, communicate and participant more fully in daily activities.
A hearing aid can help people hear more in both quiet and noisy situation.
A Hearing aid has three basic parts: a microphone, amplifier, and receiver. The hearing aid receives sound through a microphone, which converts the sound waves into electrical signals and sends them to an amplifier. The amplifier increases the power of signals and then sends to the ear through receiver.
How does it help?
Hearing aids are primarily useful in improving the hearing and speech comprehension of people who have hearing loss or impairment.
How can I find out if I need a hearing aid?
If you think you might have hearing loss or your family says that you can’t hear once said then you need to Visit Audiologist to investigate whether you have hearing loss or not
Signs of hearing loss:
- Asking people for repetition
- Difficulties on telephone
- Difficulties while watching TV , Turning the TV or radio volume
- Speaking loudly
- Problem in noisy surrounding.
- Withdrawal from conversation.
- Avoidance of social meetings.
- Difficulty in understanding words
- Frustration and anger if not able to hear other people.
If you find any of these you need to consult Audiologist.
Who is an Audiologist?
- Audiologist is a hearing health care professional who investigate or identifies and measures hearing capacity by administering various audiological tests.
- Audiologist has Degree in Audiology and he is a registered member of Rehabilitation council of india.
- Audiologist will help you to find out whether you have hearing loss or not.
- Audiologist will tell you type and degree of hearing loss.
- Audiologists will advice you further management according to your reports.
- If you have condition which can be corrected by medicine or surgery then he will refer to ENT specialist.
- If you have hearing loss then Audiologist will help you to select type of hearing aid suitable for you.
- He will also tell you which hearing aid works best for you
- Audiologist will program your hearing aid according to your audiogram.
- Audiologist will also look after you hearing aid- repair, programming, change of parts, servicing, minor repair, batteries, re-evaluation and programming in future.
He will also guide you before and after ear surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!