Stress has become a part and parcel of everyday life. What people miss here is that stress can actually be the cause of various disorders. However, don’t worry as this article would try to share information on some of the easy stress management tips you can make use of every single day of your life.
Top five tips for stress management:
Before jumping onto the bandwagon, first you need to understand that every individual is different, and so are their psychological, emotional and physical environments. Thus, what might help one person to deal with his/her stress levels might not help another human being.
- Breathe: Let your lungs breathe out all your stress that is building inside you. Breathing instantly helps you relax as your diaphragm oxygenates your blood. Take a deep breath while you put your hand on your abdomen and hold on for a few seconds. Slowly exhale and you will instantly feel the difference. For better results, repeat it a few times.
- Smile: Smiling has its own advantages. Studies show that smiling can calm you. When you smile, nerve impulses are transmitted to your limbic system that helps the brain to switch on the calm mode.
- Try some numbers: Rating the seriousness of your present situation can help you relieve some of your stress. Rate your problem on a scale from 1 to 10; 1 being the least stressful events and 10 being the most terrible ones. Mostly, the issues we face range between 2- 5. Hence, mostly the issues we face are not gross. They can be handled without a fuss.
- Fight It Out: Many people start complaining about the moment they face a problem. Stop being a victim; it triggers more stress and helplessness. Dealing with your situations on the face helps you feel comfortable. If you miss the bus, wait for the other bus. Find alternatives to your situation.
- Learn to say no: There is no need to appease all at every time. Learn to say ‘NO’ if you figure you would not be able to handle the particular situation well, given the resources and framework that you have at your disposal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!