Self-esteem reflects a person's overall subjective emotional evaluation of his or her own worth. It is a judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the self. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs about oneself, (for example, "I am competent", "I am worthy"), as well as emotional states, such as triumph, despair, pride, and shame.
Building and being able to maintain high self-esteem is important:
- Life becomes simpler and lighter. When you like or love yourself more then things simply become easier.
- One gains inner stability.
- Less self-sabotage. Most people’s worst enemy is themselves. By raising and keeping your self-esteem up you’ll feel more deserving of good things in life.
- It brings stability to any relationship.
- It brings happiness.
What is Low Self Esteem?
- Low self-esteem comes from a poor self-image.
- Low self-esteem also depends on other factors such as profession, academics etc..
- Low self-esteem feeds your negative thinking and causes you to believe the criticism others make of you.
What is High Self Esteem?
- If you have a high level of self-esteem you will be confident, happy, highly motivated and have the right attitude to succeed.
- Generally, they have the following things, they are confident, they have a good sense of self-worth, they are positive, encouraging and supportive to others, and they possess good communication.
- They are extrovert, energetic, ambitious, and they learn from their mistakes. These things give them strength and flexibility to take charge of their lives and grow from mistakes without any fear.
10 Simple steps to improve self-esteem:
- Avoid negative self-talk.
- Use healthier motivation habits.
- Take a 2-minute self-appreciation break.
- Write down 3 things in the evening that you can appreciate about yourself.
- Handle mistakes and failures in a more positive way.
- Be kinder towards other people.
- Stop falling into the comparison trap.
- Spend more time with supportive people (and less time with destructive people).
- Learn to be assertive.
- Set yourself a challenge.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!