Protect Your Eyes While Working. 7 best ways.
Written and reviewed by
Diploma in Ophthalmology
78% of urban youth are in front of the computer screen/ mobile screen for about 12 hours a day. Such extensive strain to the eyes can have long term effects on vision. Act now to protect your eyes by following these tips-
1) Ensure appropriate glasses or contact lens prescription which is also adequate for computer use.
2) For prolonged exposure, use glasses to help with contrast, glare, and eye strain when using a computer.
3) Adjust your computer such that your eyes are level with the top of the monitor. This allows you to look slightly down at the screen.
4) Avoid any glare on your computer from windows or lights. Use an anti-glare screen if required.
5) Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
6) If your eyes feel dry, blink more often.
7) Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. At least every 2 hours, get up and take a 15-minute break.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
745 people found this helpful