Occupational Therapy for Children with ADHD. Necessary for kids with Attention Deficit hyperactive disorder because it's channelises their energy in the right way.
The OT will also do a test to find out your child's strengths and weaknesses. Then they'll recommend ways to address his issues.
During a therapy session, the occupational therapist and your child might:
- Play games, such as catching or hitting a ball to improve coordination.
- Do activities to work out anger and aggression.
- Learn new ways to do daily tasks like brushing teeth, getting dressed, or feeding himself.
- Try techniques to improve focus.
- Practice handwriting.
- Go over social skills.
- Work on time management.
- Set up ways to stay organized in the classroom and at home.
- Come up with an analogy that helps your child understand hyperactivity and how to keep it in check. For example, a “hot engine/cold engine” analogy and how to cool a hot engine down.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!