1. They are just like a false fire alarms triggered by your thoughts who are in anticipation of something bad!
Remember....There is no fire!
2. Every panic attack passes away without killing you ,leaving you just as you were!, with some rest and water and may be an anti anxiety pill.
3. All the medical investigations almost everytime reveal that there is nothing wrong.
4. There is no pathology, it just indicates how uptight one is, how obsessed one is to avoid a negative outcome and how seriously tied up one is to each and every action
6. The build up to a panic attack is inability to let go of the persistent fictional fearful thoughts
7. Panic attack is an anticipation of a bad event, which does not happen and eventually becomes worse than what was feared!
7. There is a genetic pre-disposition to anxiety , when one accepts it, it just stays in one small corner of one's life, sharing a marginal space
9 The embarrasment of going to emergency ward after every attack and coming back with an anti anxiety pill and no heavyweight diagnosis has not sunken deep?
10. Lack of trust (in life , body's healing intelligence, people etc ) could be a highest common factor in anxiety sufferers
11 One absolute truth abouth anxiety attack is that "it passes away " .
11. Are you still after all these years still taking your thoughts (that are telling you that something bad may happen) seriously !!
Apart from the psychiatric help in the form of anti-anxiety medicine which one may consider one does not have to do a thing!!
How not to do a thing?
a. No literature on anxiety, no self help , no tricks like meditation(which is suppression)
b. Not dealing with those nasty thoughts, not giving them any significance or value
c. And finally no doctor hopping!!
As one shfits one's focus to do meaningful and fulfilling things, the ghost of anxiety passes away compaining of reduced attention!