Rosacea is a skin condition defined by redness and small, pus-filled red bumps all over the face. The main symptoms of rosacea include
- red bumps that are swollen and filled with pus (these are often confused with acne problem)
- visible blood vessels
- flushed skin (redness)
- thickened skin
Rosacea cannot be cured completely. Its symptoms come and go and is commonly treated with anti-acne medicines or antibiotics. Homeopathy can be a good alternative choice to treat rosacea. Rosacea has multiple symptoms and not all of them show up in a single person. Some may have redness but no visible blood vessels, some may have flushed skin, and so on.
Depending on symptoms, you can adopt the following remedies:
- Flushed complexion: If your skin becomes red and itchy after exposure to cold air, then Agaricus muscarius is prescribed. But if the skin is hot and shiny, then Belladonna is employed.
- Flushed complexion with acne like bumps: One form of rosacea is Acne Rosacea. In this form, pus filled acne like bumps appear on your nose, forehead and below the eyes. If the bumps do not have pus, then Psorinum is given. If pus is present, then Silicea is the best solution. But if the area of the skin in general has hardened and is painful, then Eugenia Jambos is employed.
- Visible blood vessels: If your skin looks blue and the capillaries are visible, your skin has a marbled effect with cold sweat (learn more about sweating). Carbo vegetabilis is the most effective medicine in this case. However, if your skin is hot, not cold, then Lachesis mutus is prescribed.
- Development of thick skin: If you leave your rosacea untreated for too long, then the area that were injured will start forming connective tissues over your skin. This leads to skin getting thicker. Hydrocotyle asiatica or Sarsaparilla officinalis is helpful in this case.
- If your eyes get affected by rosacea: If your eyes are hot, watery and itchy, you might have Ocular Rosacea. Euphrasia officinalis, Bovista lycoperdon (if makeup exacerbates your symptoms) and Cantharis vesicatoria (if you were out in the sun for too long) will be prescribed by the homeopath.