People think that a homemaker has all the time in the world to do whatever she wants and hence, has more than enough time to devote to her fitness. Sadly, in the real world, a homemaker has the least time to devote to herself. The day she decides to go to the gym will probably be the day, something comes up at home that takes a higher priority. So, here are a few practical tips to help homemakers lead a healthy lifestyle.
1. Get rid of junk food: The tendency to snack between meals is highest when you are at home. Hence, get rid of them completely. Instead, stock fruits and try making your own version of healthy snacks. Even chips made at home are healthier than their processed variants.
2. Look for short workouts: Often, homemakers do not find the time to go for a long walk or join an exercise class. Many women take up gym subscriptions but hardly go to the gym. If you do not have the time for a long workout, try small 5-10 minute workouts in the middle of your day. These workouts help burn a large number of calories in a short time.
3. Drink plenty of water: Start the day by filling a few bottles and tell yourself that you have to finish them by the end of the day. Drinking water keeps you hydrated and satiated thus reducing the urge to snack. This also helps flush toxins out of your body.
4. Don’t skip breakfast: In feeding everyone else, do not forget to have breakfast yourself. If you do not have time to sit down to this meal, make yourself a quick smoothie for an on the go breakfast. Breakfast gives you the energy to get through the day and helps start up your metabolism.
5. Do not eat food made for your children: Many mothers find themselves munching on their children’s food while they make it or finishing up their children’s food. These are unwanted calories. If you have a habit of eating your child’s food while you make it, try keeping something healthier easily accessible so that you can change your habit.
6. Get a good night’s sleep: The body needs sleep to repair muscles and regenerate cells. Aim for at least 8 hours of sleep a day. This also helps boost your mental and emotional health. The easiest way to improve the quality of our sleep is by banning electronics from your bedroom.
Follow these simple tips and keep yourself healthy and fit.