Your habits have created who you really are. If you look at your habits, you can see how they act as building blocks that construct your true life. Many of you are unaware of the actions and thoughts you habitually commit each day. Scientific research suggests that the average person is only 5-20% consciously aware of the actions and habits they embrace each day. This means 80% or more of what we do is unconscious.
Most of the things you do in your daily life, you have no idea why you are doing them. Your habits eventually create something. The habits you embrace cause the effects you see.
- The goal is to catch yourself.
- The goal is to be awake and be aware of where you are spending your energy.
- The goal is to create new habits that can build a new you.
If you are willing to take a conscious approach to creating new habits, you effortlessly transform your lives. Let’s release the old, toxic, unproductive habits and embrace new, empowering and positive ones for a better tomorrow. Having said that, given below are 3 powerful habits that can change your life for the better:
- Positive mental attitude: It is the most important habit that you can cultivate within yourself as it helps you to develop other life-changing habits in your life. While positive thinking will not make you instantly successful, it can help you gain the mental fortitude that you need to work hard and succeed. You must try to eliminate negative thoughts from your mind and focus on the positives in your life instead. It is one of the most valuable skills one can have.
- How to do it: Keep a journal and maintain a log of negative thoughts that come to your mind and a positive thought with which you can replace it. Writing the positive thought will help you reinforce the message to yourself.
- Exercise: A healthy mind is not possible without a healthy lifestyle. You need to focus on your physical fitness and health to be able to keep a positive mindset. Developing a habit of exercising as frequently as possible is an awesome idea and to start small is the best way to go about it. Exercising and being fit allows you to be more confident about yourself, relieves stress. It also releases serotonin, which keeps you happy and positive.
- How to do it: Prepare a schedule for yourself and allocate your free time judiciously to exercising.
- Be goal oriented: We all have goals that we need to achieve but running headstrong into all of them at the same time is actually bad for your progress. It is essential to focus only on one goal at a time to be able to achieve them fully. No matter how great of a multi-tasker you may be, focusing on multiple goals divides your energy, focus and makes you less effective than you could be.
- How to do it: If you have set big goals for yourself, try to break them down into smaller manageable chunks and try to achieve them one at a time. Keep track of your progress at all times to know how far you have come and what you need to do to achieve your goals.
Remember, do not be disheartened if things do not work out for you initially. Instead of giving up, simply take a step back and re-evaluate what went wrong before going forward again. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!