Constipation features the passage of hard and dry bowel movements in small amounts. The rate is usually lesser than three times during a week. Bowel movement becomes difficult and causes pain in people with constipation. The affected person may feel uncomfortable, sluggish and bloated. Homeopathic medicines are widely used to cure constipation. As they are purely natural, they provide effective treatment without the use of any chemicals.
Here is a list of common homeopathic medicines used for treatment of constipation, along with symptoms:
- Nux Vomica: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine taken in case of frequent constipation and ineffectual urging for passage of stool. In such cases, the amount of stool passed is quite scanty and an incomplete evacuation feeling is experienced. This urge keeps on rising. This medicine is also used to treat piles, which develops in association with constipation at times.
- Alumina: Alumina is an ideal homeopathic remedy for constipation that features the absence of the urge for bowel movement. The symptoms based on which this medicine is used are totally the opposite of the symptoms where nux vomica is used. The affected person loses desire to pass stool for a number of days and a large accumulation gathers in the intestine. The intestines become inactive and sluggish. A lot of effort has to be given to bring the stool out. This medicine is ideally used in case of constipation in infants.
- Bryonia Alba: This form of homeopathy is used in cases of constipation where the stool is very hard, dry and extremely large. The mucous membranes become very dry. The abdomen may seem sore to touch. The affected person develops increased thirst and feels dry in the mouth and lips.
- Opium: This homeopathic medicine is used when stool is passed in the form of round, hard balls along with feeling of constipation. The stool appears to be like black balls of sheep dung. The stool gathers in the intestine for a long period of time. The abdomen becomes hard and bloated. Opium also treats constipation occurring due to enema abuse.
- Silicea: Silicea is used in cases where constipation occurs with constricted anal sphincter. Stool recedes back from the rectum due to the spasmodic constriction of the anal sphincter and remains in the rectum for a long time period. There is a presence of obstructed flatus, the abdomen feels very tight, hard or bloated. Silicia is helpful for women who have constipation during their menstrual phases.
Homeopathic medicines are very effective for the treatment of constipation. The underlying causes and the symptoms are both treated, with no side effects using homeopathy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.