Are you tired of getting rid of your addiction? Is quitting the addiction very difficult? Then read this till the last.
Addiction is a condition in which a person engages in the use of a substance or in a behaviour even after having harmful negative undesirable consequences. The addictive substance or behaviour is pleasurable and rewarding which reinforces and provided a compelling incentive to repeatedly persue the addiction. It gives short term gratification.
Apart from most common and old addictions like alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, gambling etc. there are other addictions as well which are equally or even more harmful. And they include:
• Internet addiction
• Social Network addiction (Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram etc)
• Games (PUBG, Candy Crush, Clash of Clans etc)
• Relationships (Too much attached with Gf/Bf and giving a lot of time to them and energy to them)
• There are many more such addiction.
The available solutions for addiction and the reason why they do not work.
1. Sudden termination: Our mind and body both get habitual so sudden removal or termination is not accepted and thus people face the withdrawal symptoms.
2. Stopping it slowly: The cravings the urges are very powerful and once can not just quit addiction so easily as the causes and triggers are still there.
3. Medicines: Medicines are helpful but they only work on physiological aspect. They don't deal with the mental and emotional part the causes.
4. Diverting mind somewhere else, getting more busy and occupied, counseling, good influence from loved ones and many more. There are also many things which are suggested and being used but still they never work for most of the people.
What is the correct solution?
Addiction is a psychological problem and it is on mental and emotional level. It has root causes and triggers. Mind and body both get habitual of the pleasure and reward. And thus the solution is also psychological. There are patterns and habits in our mind which regulate our thoughts emotions and behaviour. Many times the addiction is minds defence and until and unless the purpose which is being served by the addiction is not resolved it is very difficult to get rid of it.
The causes and triggers are needed to be identified 1st and then treated and resolved. This is the reason why even after coming from a de-addiction center the person again becomes addicted.
For permanent results the person is required to take the correct approach which will give long lasting results.
Psychotherapy combined with NLP and many other approaches will give the best possible results in very less time as we are dealing with the root causes and once the leakage has be found and sealed then there is no chances of water coming out again.