Act before swine flu strikes you down!
Dr. Hardik Thakker
96% (445 ratings)
MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
Internal Medicine Specialist, Mumbai
12 years experience
As we are all aware that there is an explosive outbreak of H1N1 swine flu infection in India. The high risk groups are pregnant women, people above 60 years of age, infants and children. I would recommend you the following to keep yourself protected and also help in stopping the spread of infection:
1) If you have fever and cough, seek immediate treatment. Insist on testing for H1N1 and take Tamiflu as per results.
2) Use handkerchief when you cough. Cover your mouth and nose to prevent spread to others.
3) Isolate those patients who are positive for H1N1.
4) Eat healthy food and exercise daily to keep your immunity intact.
5) Vitamin C is a good immunity booster for viral infections.
6) Avoid travel to areas where there is an outbreak.
7) Use N95 mask for protection - especially nurses and other health care workers who deal with positive patients.
8) Get yourself vaccinated with influenza vaccine - especially those who are in the high risk group.
If you have any more questions, please contact me.
From Lybrate: If these tips are helping you, click on the heart icon to thank the doctor. You can also share this tip with others.
found this helpful