Table Of Contents
About Carboxymethyl Cellulose
Carboxymethyl Cellulose is used to treat dry eyes. It relieves irritation and discomfort caused by the dryness in the eyes. It is advised to used this drug as per the direction of the doctor. The side effects of this drug include itching in eyes, dryness in eyes, stinging in the eyes, etc. People with liver or kidney problems may need lower doses.
Some medicines may interact with the action of this medication. Hence, tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, especially any anticoagulants, hydantoins, sulfonylureas or medicines that may decrease your bone marrow.
What are the uses of Carboxymethyl Cellulose
This drug can be used in below-mentioned condition:
- Eye Disorder
What are the contraindications of Carboxymethyl Cellulose ?
What are the side effects of Carboxymethyl Cellulose ?
Key highlights of Carboxymethyl Cellulose
- How long is the duration of effect?The duration of action is subject to vary depending on time and manner of application.
- What is the onset of action?The effect of this medicine can be seen immediately after application.
- Are there any pregnancy warnings?This medicine can be used by pregnant women.
- Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendencies were reported.
- Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine can be used by breastfeeding women.
What are the dosage instructions?
- Are there any missed dose instructions?Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Do not apply in large quantities to make for the missed dose.
- Are there any overdose instructions?Consult your doctor in case of overdose.
Where is the Carboxymethyl Cellulose approved?
- United States
Medicines containing Carboxymethyl Cellulose
Below is the list of medicines, which contains Carboxymethyl Cellulose as ingredient
East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
Micro Labs Ltd
Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd
Sunways (India) Pvt Ltd
Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd
How does this medication work?
This medication is an ophthalmic lubricant and provides lubrication and protection to the eyes.
What are the interactions of Carboxymethyl Cellulose ?
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you're at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
AlcoholInteraction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Interaction with Food
FoodInformation not available.
FAQs about Carboxymethyl Cellulose
Ques: what is carboxymethylcellulose?
Ques: How long do I need to use Carboxymethyl Cellulose before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use Carboxymethyl Cellulose?
Ques: Should I use Carboxymethyl Cellulose empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Carboxymethyl Cellulose?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.