Psoriasis home remedies
Written and reviewed by
Dr. Yash Upadhyay
87% (19 ratings)
MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Mumbai
8 years experience
1) exposure to sunlight helps most people with psoriasis.
2) keeping the skin soft and moist is helpful. Apply moisturizers after bathing.
3) do not use irritating cosmetics or soaps.
4) avoid scratching that can cause bleeding or excessive irritation.
5) soaking in bathwater with oil added and using moisturizers may help
6) bath soaks with coal tar or other agents remove scales
7) hydrocortisone based cream can reduce the itching of mild psoriasis.
8) some people use an ultraviolet b (uv-b) light unit at home under a doctor's supervision.
found this helpful