I am Dr. Puneet Nayak, Dietitian/Nutritionist. Friends, 2019 is just around the corner and it is the time to take new year resolution. Worldwide the new year resolution is taken on the fitness theme to lose weight, to exercise more, to become fit, to eat healthy. Not all become successful. Let's understand why people fail to stick into new year resolution. And how can you achieve your fitness goal.
1. Make smart goals. Smart is small, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. For eg. If you make a goal of losing of 20 kg in 2 months, you are bound to fail. Rather make small goal of losing 4 kgs for the next 5 months. You are bound to be more successful. Similarly, in every step you achieve, congratulate yourself and celebrate. That gives you the motivation for the next level of the journey. Similarly, your life events like birthday, anniversary, marriage function, take them as an occasion, make small goals and achieve them.
2. You should know your weaknesses and plan accordingly. For eg. if you have a very tight schedule, you make a resolution of going to gym every day. You are bound to fail. Rather make small goals. Like 30 minutes brisk walk thrice a week and 30 minutes home exercises thrice a week. So, the chances of success are high.
3. You should know your problem foods. For eg. If you love chocolates, don't make a resolution that you are going to leave chocolate for the entire year. Rather work on the quantities and frequencies. Avoid keeping the chocolates at home. Out of site is out of mind.
4. You should not become demotivated when there is a temporary set back. For eg. You are losing 4 kgs in the last 2 months. And this month you just lost a kg. If you are focused, you are definitely going to get the result. Some progress is better than no progress. One should make fitness buddies. Share your fitness goals and support each other during the fitness journey. Motivation plays a very important role. Rather than keeping unhealthy food out the focus of keeping healthy food in. Because there will be no space for unhealthy food than. Also, never hesitate to take professional help. It will give you result faster and support you at the time when you are demotivated. So, invest in a good professional or a professional centre to help your fitness goals reaching faster.
5. How to choose a fitness centre? You have to see a good track record, years of experience and also the expertise. For eg. We launched ulipo. After understanding the clients concern of lack of time. So, in this non-surgical method, you need 60 minutes a week and in every visit, you get measurable results which keeps up your motivation very high. On the other day, you are in touch with your couch through mobile app, what's app and even a phone call. We have a team of dietician, physiotherapist and physician to support and guide you through your fitness journey. In the last 15 years, more than 50k clients are benefitted with non-surgical methods. So friends, don't wait and start your fitness resolution today. I wish you all a very happy, healthy and fit 2019. For any help, please contact me on lybrate.com.