10 Tips To Avoid Weight Gain During Summers!
Written and reviewed by
Dr. Tamanna Narang
92% (5336 ratings)
M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition (Delhi University)
7 years experience
Summer vacations can make you very lazy and it becomes difficult for you to indulge in physical activities because of the hot and sweaty weather. However, here are a few ways in which, you can avoid weight gain during the season:
- Never Arrive Hungry: Eating before hand can help you stay away from different kinds of temptations as you go to a celebratory event or a gathering. This way you do not end up eating a lot of junk food.
- Redirect Your Attention: Many people overlook that there is a whole other world to an event or a party than the food. Try not to look at the gathering as only a feast occasion.
- Pace Yourself: In case that you pack in as much as you can in thirty minutes, you bite faster. Biting slowly will fill you up easily and this way you do not consume too much.
- Number Your food items: At the point when there are food items that you can count as you eat them, put a toothpick in your pocket for every bite you take. Set the farthest point for a number of toothpicks you can collect.
- Outmanoeuvre the buffet: At the point when food is served in buffet style, use a small plate and do not stack your food. Restrict your servings to a small amount.
- Restrain alcohol: Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of liquor at parties. It is not just about calories but rather about control. In case that alcohol does tempt you, try to drink some water and then ask yourself if you still need that drink. Most of the times, it is because of lack of water that you feel the urge to drink other beverages.
- Be choosy about sweets: With regards to sweet, be extremely particular. Confine your desires to little servings and only to what is exceptionally tempting to you. In case that you know you are the type who cannot stop at one chomp, it could be very unhealthy for you. Try to tell someone else about it and let them help you.
- Present to your own treats: Whether you are heading off to a gathering or an office potluck, think about bringing as a low-calorie treat that you know you will appreciate. Bringing your own pastry will make other options less enticing.
- Confine "tastes" while cooking: In case that you do a great deal of cooking during the occasions, get serious about every one of those "tastes." People lose their cravings when they have been cooking than they have been eating the entire time.
- Walk it off: Other than consuming some additional calories, this will make tracks in an opposite direction from the food for a while. Get people off the chair and move. Go out for a stroll as a family before or after the dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
found this helpful