Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in ynr. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. EktaYour feedback matters!
Many new moms see noticeable hair loss a few months after having a baby. This is normal — and not true hair loss. Dermatologists refer to this condition as excessive hair shedding. The excessive shedding is caused by falling estrogen levels.
The good news is that this excessive shedding is temporary, and you do not have to do anything to remedy it. Most women see their hair return to its normal fullness by their child’s first birthday. Many women regain normal fullness even earlier.
Dermatologists’ tips for new mothers
If the excessive hair shedding bothers you, these tips from dermatologists can help until your hair regains its normal fullness.
Use shampoo and conditioner that add volume. Here’s what dermatologists recommend using and avoiding:
- Use a volumizing shampoo. These shampoos tend to contain ingredients like protein that coat the hair, making the hair appear fuller.
- Avoid any shampoo labeled “conditioning shampoo.” these contain heavy conditioners that can weigh down the hair and make it look limp.
- Use a conditioner formulated for fine hair. These contain lighter formulas that will not weigh down hair.
- Use conditioner primarily on the ends of your hair. Applying conditioner to your scalp and all of your hair tends to weigh down hair.
- Avoid conditioners labeled “intensive conditioners.” these are too heavy.
- Finding the best shampoo and conditioner for thin hair is really a matter of trial and error. A single ingredient that makes a volumizing shampoo or conditioner for fine hair better than the rest does not exist.
Try a new hairstyle. Some haircuts make hair look fuller. An experienced stylist can tell you what will work for you.
Many new mothers prefer short hair. A short style can make hair look fuller. Short hair also can be easier to manage, which can save time. With a baby, anything that saves time can be a real boon.
Beware of a hair tourniquet
New mothers also should watch out for hair tourniquets. A hair tourniquet forms when a strand of hair falls out and wraps around a baby’s toe, finger, or other body part. A single strand can wrap so tightly that it cuts off circulation or causes an infection.
Don’t panic. The likelihood of your baby getting a hair tourniquet is very rare. Knowing what to do, however, can be helpful.
If you see a shed hair wrapped around your baby finger, toe, or other body part, you must remove it. Here what you should do:
Look for a loose end and gently unwind the hair.
Sometimes you will not see a loose end, so you’ll need something to gently cut the hair, such as a small knife or scissors.
If you cannot remove the hair because it is wound too tightly or enmeshed in your baby’s skin, you need to get medical help. Call your baby’s doctor or take your baby to the emergency room. Sometimes a doctor has to remove a hair tourniquet.
Hair falls out for many reasons
Many new moms experience excessive hair shedding after pregnancy. Hair shedding usually peaks about four months after giving birth. By their child’s first birthday, most women regain their normal hair growth. If your hair does not regain its normal fullness after one year, you may want to see a dermatologist. Something else may be causing your hair to fall out. People lose hair for many reasons, and an accurate diagnosis is essential for effective treatment.
My face is oily and I am getting pimples all over my face and the number is increasing day by day help me with some medicine to clear my skin and make it glow and become fairer.
I am 21 years old men I have left under arm pain after eating my pulse rate is 68 in morning and it becomes 80-85 till evening my bp was normal Dr. referred me for 2d echo n moderate mvp was detected Dr. told me that its nothing it will be ok in 1-1.5 months and he prescribed me ciplar la 20 once a day now I am worried what should I do? I am very anxious.
Sometime back pain occur. I can't sit for long time. At same time I can't stand for long time. What is the problem. my height is 5.4 feet. Is height causes problem for back pain ?
Am working in sales field and I travel a lot and ride two wheeler under hot sun for many hours. I have noticed my skin over the palm is dried up too much and wrinkled too much like very old peoples skin. Its not happening in any other part of body. Please help me with any medication. How can I know if this happens due to some other reason.
Mera weight 64 kg he or meri height 72 cm he muje mera weight kam Karna he isliye fit rehne ke liye kya khana chahiye or kya nahi iske bare me jankari de.
Implants should be fitted within one year of losing a tooth since the jaw bone surrounding a tooth starts to shrink in size and gradually becomes so small that it fails to support an implant.
Dental implants are generally identified as substitutes for tooth roots. Besides, replacing damaged or decayed teeth, implants also provide a strong foundation for both permanent as well as removable replacement teeth.
- To protect your jawbone: Not filling up empty spaces in your mouth can severely affect your jawbone. It begins to lose its firmness and strength as a consequence of no longer being able to support a natural tooth. Dental implants help in stimulating bone growth while preventing bone loss.
- To eat properly: Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth.
- They do not move or shift but remain in place: Dental implants resemble your own natural teeth as they fuse with the bone permanently. Moreover, being fixed in one place due to the fusion, you can expect the replacement teeth to not move or shift.
- To keep your face from sagging: Missing teeth can cause your face to sink and sag, giving you a very sad and aged appearance. Dental implants provide you with the chance to retain the natural shape of not only your face but your smile too.
- To gain healthy and natural looking teeth without affecting surrounding teeth: Nearby, teeth are not altered to support the implant, so your natural teeth remain intact. They help in preventing healthy teeth nearby from shifting, which is very common if there's an empty space next to a healthy tooth for a long period of time. The procedure sees a replacement tooth being positioned in place of the lost tooth so that it not only looks but feels like a natural tooth.