Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hadgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Tawde
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep TawdeYour feedback matters!
My sister was take the easy breathe capsule internally before one week. But she informed latter only. But till now she was perfect and no issues. My doubt is that capsule will be solvable or it will cause any pblm in stomach. Any necessary to take scan or any remedies On that capsule cover it mentioned as no external use. So that we got fear.
Hi doctor, I am 45 year male, takings pills for high blood preassure, my height is 171cms and weight is 85 kg. I want to get relief from snoring and uneasy breathing at night. I am not able to sleep well. Please help thanks and best regards
Over the past few decades, the asthma cases have significantly increased. Affecting people of all ages, asthma usually starts in childhood. It is a chronic disease which affects your airways which are responsible for carrying air in and out of your lungs. In asthma, the tubes in the airways become swollen and sore making the tubes sensitive and more susceptible to allergic reaction. The reaction in the airways further results in narrowing the tubes limiting the supply of air to your lungs, hence, the breathing is laboured.
Asthmatic patients might also find it hard to breathe and experience chest tightness, feelings of being suffocated, wheezing, sometimes fever and cough. This condition has been affecting people for ages, long before the majority of treatment options became available. The condition can be effectively managed with the ancient traditional way of Unani medicine and below is a closer insight about the Unani medicine and how it can help in preventing asthma.
Treat It The Natural Way With Unani Medicine
Often referred to as an Arabian or Islamic medicine, as it was once used by the Arabs and the Mughals in India, Unani medicine refers to the natural ways of treating a disease. Following a humoral theory of the presence of four 'humors' or the body's way of working in the body, which are Dum or blood, Balgham or phlegm, Safra or yellow bile and Sauda or the black bile, Unani medicine is offered depending on the presence of dominant humor in the body.
How does Unani Medicine work?
Rather than a single medicine, Unani medicine is more of therapy that focuses on diagnosing the disease, monitoring the body’s reaction to different things and then treating the disease with natural medicines void of side effects. Considering diseases to be the natural processes of the body, Unani medicine aims to restore the balance between the body’s power to control the body’s reaction to the diseases.
Dealing With Asthma With Unani Medicines
Unani Medicine offers a complete cure to a medical condition and Asthma is one condition that most people seek Unani Medicine as an option for treatment.
Offering regimental therapy, diet-therapy, and even pharmacotherapy, the Unani medicine ensure that the body regains its self-preservation power over the breathing problem called asthma.
While the detoxification method of this particular field of medicine helps in defending the body's mechanism against asthma, the Unani regulation of the quality and quantity of food helps in alleviating the symptoms of asthma. Also, the consumption of the natural drugs made from the plants, animals, and minerals help in dealing with asthma in the best way possible.
Two treatments that have been proven effective in Unani are:
1. Take 5g from a mixture of Trachyspermum (Ajwain Seeds) 50g mixed with ginger
2. Consume 1g from a mixture of 10g of Abhal (Juniper Berry), 5g of Mahghz amaltas (Indian Laburnum), and Ginger
Available in different forms, such as powder, syrup, tablets, etc., the Unani medicine made for treating asthma works as per their temperament. Irrespective of whether the asthma patient is a child or a grown up, Unani medicine not only treats asthma from its root but also helps the body to achieve its normal strong self again.
One may never know which might trigger such state of breathlessness, as asthma responds to various factors, such as exposure to cold air or allergen in the air or even serious emotional stress. Therefore, knowing about the Unani medicines and keeping them handy can certainly help one overcome the troubled breathing that asthma causes.
Tuberculosis refers to an infectious disease associated with the lungs, which is mostly caused by bacteria. There are two types of tuberculosis, that are pulmonary tuberculosis and extrapulmonary tuberculosis. There are various types under each type of tuberculosis. Here are some the possible treatments for both pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
What is pulmonary tuberculosis?
Pulmonary tuberculosis is a type of disease in which bacteria invade your lungs. It is possible that the bacteria in your lungs could kill you. However, fortunately if you have been taking the right medicines for your bacterial infection you can get cured immediately. The name of the bacteria which causes tuberculosis is known as the Mycobacterium tuberculosis. However, Mycobacterium tuberculosis can attack other parts of the body as well. When this happens, it is known as extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
What is extra-pulmonary tuberculosis?
Extrapulmonary tuberculosis is when tuberculosis affects in parts of the body other than the lungs. There are many parts of the body which tuberculosis can affect, including the lymph nodes, nervous system as well as the bone and joints. Luckily, it is easily curable.
Treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis
Firstly, it is worth noting that latent tuberculosis has no symptoms and there is no way you can pass it to another person either. However, it is still crucial that you take treatment for it. If you do not complete your treatment, then your tuberculosis will progress to a very dangerous form of tuberculosis. This is known as multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis is sometimes abbreviated as MDR TB. There are plenty of medicines which people are recommended to cure tuberculosis. These include:
Treatment for extrapulmonary tuberculosis
Extrapulmonary tuberculosis has pretty much the same symptoms as pulmonary tuberculosis. This is because extrapulmonary tuberculosis is the exact same disease which occurs to the patient, it is just that it affects a different body part. Therefore, the exact treatment recommended for pulmonary tuberculosis can be used to cure extrapulmonary tubercul
I am suffering from fever, tidiness, rashes on my hole body since 10 days and including cough so please help to find from which suffering from.
My father is having heavy cough from last few months. He tried so many pills n cough syrup but didn't get any relief. We have also done chest Xerox and blood test but everything is OK. Please suggest some medicine or syrup to cure this cough. How to get rid of this mucus. Please help.
I have cough over 2week and also have cold. So this cough is because of cold or there is any chance of tb.
I am suffering from cough and acidity from last more than 8 months have tried many cough syrup many tablets for acidity but still no relif.
I am suffering from a prolonged sinusitis from a period of a four years what are the precautionary measures.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.