Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Visakhapatnam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Venkata Chalam Chalam
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K Venkata Chalam ChalamYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Healthy, glowing skin is what they call 'neighbour's envy, owner's pride'. Stop being jealous janet and get off your chair because you need to do a little homework to get that glowing skin. Some women look like they have inherited the glow without a day's work but in reality, good skin is a result of constant care and solutions that suit them right. Here are some fail proof techniques that women with great skin follow.
1. They cleanse it right: Cleansing the skin is almost done like a ritual. It has its set of rules which differ from skin to skin. As a base rule, women with good complexion do it at least twice a day - once in the morning and once before bed. It helps clear the oil, dirt, impurities and make up that clogs the pores and lets the skin breath. Use lukewarm water and a creamy cleanser. Let the cleanser sit on your skin for a minute while you gently rub it in before you wash off. This is one step women with good skin simply don't miss.
2. They remember their ctm: You know what the c stands for, now you need to follow it with a toning and moisturizing ritual to keep your skin soft and supple. Learn to differentiate between night and day moisturizers. You day moisturizer needs to contribute to your spf protection while your night moisturizer should be hydrating.
3. They use a good night cream: Night time is when your skin gets to relax and rejuvenate. Help this process by adding a good night cream to your daily ritual. A retinoid cream, for example, is a vitamin a derivative rich in collagen which helps in skin repair. They can also help reduce the occurrence of fine lines and pimples.
4. They work on their blemishes: Some have puffy eyes, others have dark circles or sun spots and may be even a couple of wrinkles here and there. But all these flaws can be steadily worked upon on a daily basis to reduce the skin problems and prevent appearance of new ones.
5. They follow the antioxidant mantra: Foods rich in omega 3 and antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, green leafy veggies, and green tea help reduce the effects of aging to add a youthful glow to the skin.
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However a new form of surgery called the laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in
1. Dermatology and plastic surgery
2. Eye Surgery
3. Endovascular surgery
4. Foot and ankle surgery
5. Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are
1. Provides immediate results
This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
2. Precision involved
Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
3. Less time
Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
4. Provides more career options and opportunities
The laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding the vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, so do the number of wrinkles on our faces. As more and more wrinkles emerge on our faces, the number of bottles containing anti-ageing serums grows on our dressing tables too. But, do these serums work as promised? can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are?
-First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourish the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
-Serums do moisturize the skin
Keeping the skin hydrated is the secret of good skin. To this effect, anti-ageing serums deliver as promised. By locking the moisture into your skin, they make your skin look healthy and supple and thus indirectly make the skin appear firmer and younger.
-Each serum affects different people in a different way
Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
-Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects
Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can be not only ineffective but can also act an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
-The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it appear so.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dermabrasion is a procedure where the top layer of the skin is removed by using a diamond wheel or a wire brush. The brush or the wire is rotated on the top layer of the skin and injures it. As the injury heals, new skin is formed. The procedure is used to clear scars from acne and other lines in the face.
The factors to be considered are the coarseness of the brush or the wire, the duration and the pressure applied.
There are certain things to keep in mind before undergoing the procedure:
- Too much sun exposure can damage the skin on the face. So take necessary precautions both before and after the surgery.
- Few days prior to the surgery, it is advised to stop using harsh exfoliating products on the skin. If all the unwanted cells are removed before the procedure then the healthy cells will be removed during the procedure.
- It can result in bleeding and scarring.
- Moisture is removed from the skin during the procedure so it is advised to moisturize the face on a regular basis.
- This procedure increases blood flow to the skin so the skin remains healthy. It also increases the skin's elasticity.
- This procedure also helps people who have large pores on their skin.
- It can help in getting rid of hyperpigmentation and age spots.
- The procedure helps in penetration of the various cosmetic products so the cosmetic effects are more prominent.
- The procedure tends to give better results in younger people than older people.
- The procedure lasts for about 30 minutes. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
We all would have noticed that with age, hair growth along the earlobe crease is not something abnormal. We all have seen people who develop these as a part of ageing. There was nothing unusual about it at all. However, what is unusual is that science has found a very interesting correlation between heart attacks and hair on the ears.
Yes, it does sound very unusual, but there have been studies conducted which say that hair growth on the ears could be one of the first warning signs of the onset of coronary artery disease.
What is coronary artery disease?
The heart is a pump that sends out and receives blood from the rest of the body through a channel of highly interconnected blood vessels. The ones which carry pure blood to the rest of the body are known as arteries and the ones which collect impure blood and bring it to the heart are known as veins. Due to changing food patterns and sedentary lifestyle, there is a lot more fat in the body, which also travels through the blood. Due to their heavier nature, they settle along the walls of the blood vessels, thereby narrowing the blood vessel thickness and reducing the blood flow to the various organs. This is the onset of coronary artery disease.
Early Indicators of coronary artery disease:
- Hair loss (often premature, either in the temple region or the crown)
- Fatty deposits on the eyelids
- Earlobe crease i.e people with diagonal earlobes are more likely to develop heart disease
- Hair in the ears
The last two are interrelated, as hair growth in the ears is more common in people with diagonal ear lobes.
The next correlation is between testosterone and hair growth in the ears.
People with more testosterone in their bodies are more likely to develop body hair, including in the ears. Scientifically, it has been established that people with greater amounts of testosterone are more likely to develop heart disease. Interestingly, the correlation is stronger in younger age groups.
Another interesting fact is that though coronary artery disease is linked to the presence of ear hair in both men and women. However, sudden cardiac death was more common in men than in women. Both these had hair growth, though.
There is another group which dismisses this theory saying that with age, both hair growth and coronary artery disease are likely to develop, and there is no significant correlation between the two. However, if taken as an early warning sign, ear hair growth can definitely guide in taking preventive measures, which can help control the problem in its early stage, which is definitely welcome to improve the overall quality of life! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.