Submit a review for Dr. Pranab PatnaikYour feedback matters!
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one; and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings:Many-a-times, Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep:20-30 20-30 minutes of body workout or a session of yoga every day helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy:Taking Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly:Set Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional wellbeing.
Viral infections usually lead to viral fever, which is characterised by high body temperatures and body ache
The main cause of viral fever is infection. It is contagious, and it spreads from one person to another by coming in contact directly with an infected person’s body fluids.Viruses Viruses are spread when an infected person sneezes, coughs, yawns or talks. Tiny particles of viruses are sprayed into the air, and if a healthy person is close enough, he/she can get infected and may start showing symptoms of fever anywhere between 16 to 48 hours
Symptoms of viral fever and other critical conditions can often be similar, which makes it hard to diagnose it. Thus it is important to know the exact symptoms of viral fever. In case, you or any other member of your family, are incapacitated with high fever, look out for the following symptoms
1. Fever can be intermittent, that is, it comes and goes in intervals
2. Fever is usually accompanied with chills (feeling of coldness induced by high fever)
3. Medicines do not work effectively
4. Fever persists longer than normal
5. Severe joint pains
6. Swollen face
Viral feverusually usually subside on their own, and can last for more than a week. But you should remember that antibiotics do not treat viral fever. Antibiotics are meant to kill bacteria, not viruses. So taking antibiotics during viral fever is not advised since it would not cure your symptoms, only give you an unpleasant case of acidity. Instead, you can take decongestants and over-the-counter anti-fever medications. If you lose a lot of body fluids (due to vomiting or diarrhoea), you need to consume fluids that will restore lost electrolytes, such as sport drinks or Gatorade. You can also try the following home remedies:
1. Coriander tea
2. Fenugreek water
3. Dill seeds porridge
4. Dry ginger concoction
5. Rice starch
6. Tulsi leaves
Viral fever can be prevented, and you don’t need to adopt any extreme measures. You can do simple things such as
1. Regularly wash your hands
2. Abstain from going to crowded places
3. Don’t touch your nose and mouth without washing your hands
4. If you do have a cold, cover your nose or mouth with a clean hanky while sneezing, coughing or yawning
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin.Sjogren’s Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations).Sjogren’s Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Vision problems:Dry Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Lymphoma: Some
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily.
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture.
The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder. During erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them, thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force, it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are:
- Loss of erection almost immediately
- Feeling of pain in the affected area
- Bruising of the area
- A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
- In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it.
In case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications.A
A physical examination followed by MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction.
Disorders be it physical or psychological can affect anyone, irrespective of thier age. However, there are certain issues, which can dampen you relation with your partner and can negetively impact your relationship. Premature ejaculation (PE), also referred to as rapid ejaculation, is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups. If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE.
Types of premature ejaculation:
Premature ejaculation can be Acquired (recent) or Chronic (lifelong).
- Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed the problem.
- Chronic PE: In chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
How to diagnose PE:The
The specific criteria for premature (early) ejaculation are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activity, the experience of ejaculation occurring during sexual intercourse within 1 minute after vaginal penetration and before the individual wishes it.
- The problem has persisted for at least 6 months and is a cause of mental stress to the person.
- The dysfunction cannot be better explained by any other nonsexual mental disorder, any medical disease, the effects of a drug or medication, etc.
Severity of PE:The
The severity of premature (early) ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild: Occurring within approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute of vaginal penetration.
- Moderate: Occurring within approximately 15-30 seconds of vaginal penetration.
- Severe: Occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of sexual activity, or within approximately 15 seconds of vaginal penetration. In such cases, conception will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
Hi I am masturbating for past 7 years unmarried 23 age. Now for me frequently urine coming. Is this side effects of masturbating.
As obesity is becoming a big menace in daily affair to the individual's life and in their regular affairs and in the health system. Exercise and health go hand in hand, obesity is characterised as a state of low grade chronic inflammation. Excessive caloric intake compromises the immune system's ability to fight infection. High fat diets tend to depress the immune function.
Obese people are more prone to developing infections and antibiotics and vaccines do not act as well on them. To cope with this best solution through to maintain a healthy lifestyle, cycling for half an hour, a zumba class four to five times a week and a 20 minute walk are a few options that can go a long way keep immunity strong and in check.
Constipation is emerging as a common disease of the digestive tract. Constipation can make your bowels movement irregular and as a result it is not completely emptied. Constipation can lead to many diseases by producing the toxins in the body. Constipation weakens the vital organs and lowers the immunity of the body. Appendicitis, rheumatism, arthritis, high blood pressure and cancer are a few of the diseases in which chronic constipation plays an important part. The number of motions for normal health depends from person to person.The following are some insights on understanding constipation its causes,symptoms and home remedies to relieve constipation naturally.
How do I treat the constipation?
The following home remedies will treat the constipation.
Diet: The most important factor in curing constipation is a natural and simple diet. This should consist of unrefined food such as whole grain cereals, bran, honey and lentils; green leafy vegetables, like spinach, beans, lettuce, celery, asparagus, carrot.
Water: drinking water regularly keeps you hydrated, relieves the constipation by cleans the system and eliminate the poisons from the body. Normally six to eight glasses of water should be taken daily as it is essential for digesting and dissolving food nutrients so that they can be absorbed and utilized by the body.
Fruits: Generally all fruits, except banana and jack fruit, are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Pears are beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
Guava fruit when eaten with seeds, gives roughage to the diet and helps in the normal evacuation of the bowels.
Grapes: have also proved highly beneficial in overcoming constipation. The grapes have the cellulose; natural sugar and organic acid make them a natural laxative fruit. Not only they clean the bowel, but also tones up the stomach and intestines to relieve the chronic constipation.
Linseed: is extremely useful in difficult cases of constipation. One teaspoon of linseed with warm water should be taken at night for bulk and lubrication.
Dry fruits: Such as figs, raisins, apricots and dates.
Proper chewing: The diet alone is not enough. Food should be properly chewed-each morsel for at least 20 times.
Exercise: Simple exercises like walking, swimming strengthens the abdominal muscles and prevent the constipation.
Yoga: Certain yoga asana like bhujangasana, halasana, shalabhasana, yogamudra, dhanurasana also help to bring relief from constipation as they strengthen the abdominal and pelvic muscles and stimulate the peristaltic movement of the bowels.
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call a doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.