Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Virudhunagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Jegan PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 53 years male and have diabetes for last 5 years. My blood sugar levels are - fasting 140 and ppe 182. I am taking allopathic medicine. What else should I do?
My mother (57+ yrs) is under treatment for Hypothyroid (Eltroxin 50 mcg), Hypertension (Olmezest 20 mg) & Osteoarthritis of knee joints (stage-2). Around 7-8 months back, she was diagnosed with mild anemia (Hb 10.6), which got corrected (Hb 12.4) after 2-3 months usage of 'Orofer XT' Around a week back, all of a sudden, she seems to feel lot of gas & indigestion & had to pass motion 15-16 times, out of which last 3-4 times are loose, while rest are normal. She also had stomach pain (around naval chord), which gets relieved after passing motion. This motion got stopped after taking couple of 'Lopamide' tablets in the evening. She was also seen by a medicine doctor on the same day, who had prescribed the following medicines - 1) Citran CT - twice daily for 5-days 2) Vigilac - twice daily for 10-days 3) PAN-D - empty stomach for 5-days. The antibiotic was stopped couple of days back, but she seems to have stomach pain & loose motion (3-times) yesterday evening. Also, she feels gas is not reduced much & she does not have appetite along with weakness. When we talked to the doctor over phone, he advised to continue PAN-D for 2 more weeks & nothing else. Are we on the right track of treatment ?
I am 55 yrs old suffering from sugar, bp, from last eight yrs & knee pain in right leg from last 2 yrs. Hba1c 7.7 % bp 130/80 mmhg pulse 8 bpm weight 112.9 kg height 6.3 feet medicines tab: janumet 50mg/1000mg 2 a day morning 1 night 1 amlozaar - h 1 morning supradyn 1 morning orceringm 2 a day mor 1 nyt 1 alpha d3 0.25mcg mor 1 please let me know any permanent solution if any regards,
I missed my thyroid medicine (hypo) for 3days. Should I worry about it. Can I live without medication.
I am 36 year male I eat in afternoons that time is 2.38 pm than I just choke my blood sugar levels that time is 5.03 pm and leave is 114 is it normal? And I am not safer from blood sugar.
My weight is losing day by day im 29 age male is it is thyroid problem or hyperthyroidism please give best remedy for this my TSH level I 0.31.
I have married last 2 years ago till now no childrens wat tosdo now and ky wife have thyroid problem is there any problem to solve for that.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.