Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Vijayawada. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sorubini Loganathan
Submit a review for Dr. Sorubini LoganathanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Sorry I have mistaken my question. It's been ten months since I have been taking spine tb medicine. 4 months before I was suggested to take mri and my doctor told me there is only traces of pus in bone now. And the esr level is fluctuating. The problem is I still feel pain in my back whenever I walk for long time and sit for more than 20 minutes. What should I do now? Even I have not started my regular life till due to pain. Can there be any complication. Please suggest clearly.
My father suffering from non alcoholic liver disease last 20 days. Please give me some medicine advice.
i am 26, I frequently prone to headache which is relieved by taking saridon tablet some times without it was also curious by balm ,pain was sometimes near temples and on eyes and over head.
Joint pains or muscles cramps are the usual suspects when it comes to leg pain. Joint pains are usually a symptom of arthritis, a common occurrence during old age. Leg muscles are mostly affected by muscle cramps. From an Ayurvedic point of view, all pains are caused by the vata dosha.
What are doshas?
The doshas define the natural inclination of the body and they comprise the three main energies that affect your health and well-being. The three doshas are Pitta, Vata and Kapha. Thus in Ayurveda, pain is caused when the doshas are vitiated. In Ayurveda, ama is the name given to the toxic materials in the body that are caused by improper indigestion. Therefore, pain occurs when there is too much ama build-up in your body.
Useful herbs for treating leg pain
1. Clove- It provides instant relief from pain, especially if they are due to muscle cramps. Apply clove oil in a poultice over the affected area.
2. Ginger- Since ginger has great painkiller properties, it can be added to a regular diet to deal with chronic leg pain.
3. Liquorice- Muscle aches can be treated with liquorice roots infused in water overnight.
4. Madhuca- Applying madhuca oil over leg pains, especially if they are due to rheumatism, then it can give great results.
5. Pepper- Pepper aids in proper blood circulation by helping dilating the superficial blood vessels.
Dietary regulations for leg pain
To help with chronic leg pain, leafy vegetables, green vegetables, Vitamin C-rich foods, plantains that are rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium must be consumed. Coffee and chocolate must be avoided at all costs. The consumption of water cannot be stressed enough as one of the leading causes of leg pain is dehydration of insufficient fluids in the body. Water helps flush out the toxins in the body, thus getting rid of the vitiated doshas.
Ayurvedic treatment for leg pain
For external use, Mahanarayana Tailam is extremely effective. Warming the oil before application will give best results.
For internal use, Simhanada Guggulu, a mild laxative, Laxmi Vilas rasa and Pratapa Lankeshwara Rasa are prescribed.
Remedy for itching in virginal area and cuts on the side. This is a recurring problem. I take care of my hygiene. Please advise.
Ajwain or carom seeds are the best thing to have ever happened to mankind, especially to those of us who suffer from digestive problems on a regular basis. They have a slew of benefits apart from just curing an upset stomach.
Let’s take you through the benefits of ajwain water or carom seeds boiled in water.
- Acidity: Carom seeds are the best bulwark against acidity, especially when taken along with ginger powder and cumin seeds. For curing flatulence, carom seeds work best when they are soaked in lime juice, dried and then consumed with warm water daily. This works as a miracle against flatulence.
- Asthma: Ajwain water cleans mucus from the body and provides relief from cold and cough. Apart from this, it also helps in treating bronchitis and asthma. The effects are even better if you take ajwain with jaggery twice a day. For best relief from cold, inhale the steam of carom seeds infused in hot water.
- Irregular menses & cramps: Ajwain water is an excellent remedy for getting regular periods. Carom seeds work as a nerve tonic and are used to relax nerves during menses, decreasing menstrual cramps. You can also apply carom seed oil on the lower abdomen to get relief.
- Liver and kidney malfunction: Ajwain water treats intestinal pains caused due to indigestion and also gets rid of liver and kidney malfunctions.
- Weight loss: Ajwain water taken on an empty stomach every day helps dissolve body fat and helps to reduce weight. You can also consume 1tsp of carom seeds on an empty stomach every morning to reap its weight loss benefits.
- Tooth pain: Ajwain seeds have been proven to cure tooth pain. Ajwain oil mixed with olive oil and water is an excellent panacea for tooth ache and bad mouth odour. This mixture also maintains oral hygiene.
- Itching, boils, and eczema: Ajwain seeds ground into a paste with lukewarm water and applied on the affected parts of the body can get rid of boils and itching.
- Arthritis: A massage with carom seeds oil on joints affected with arthritis is an excellent way to get rid of pain. It also treats trembeling and shaking of limbs.
- Eye cleanser: Cold ajwain water can be used to wash itchy eyes for cleaning them.
- Heart: Ajwain water can cure chest pains. You can add jaggery to get instant relief.
- Lactation: Ajwain water is excellent for lactating women as it increases milk flow.
Hi, Whenever I am eating food or any item, with in 10 to 15 mnts I am going to toilet. I am very worried about this quick and continuous digestion. Normallybwe go to toilet once or twice in a day but whenever I am eating something I am going to toilet. Please doctors tell. Me about my problem. I am following the unani treatment also but when I am stopping the unani medicines again same problem going on. Kindly help me.
Along with curing anger and stress, yoga is also beneficial in treating osteoporosis, either by itself or in combination with different medicines. Osteoporosis is an illness described by weak and diminishing bones that can result in cracks and fractures in the bones. Some of the postures that can be helpful in treating osteoporosis are as follows:
- Utthita trikonasana: Uttihita trikonasana is an expanded triangle posture which is helpful in curing many diseases. Along with diminishing the side effects of osteoporosis, it additionally avoids soreness, increases strength and gets rid of spinal pain. Begin this posture by standing straight with your legs separated by four feet. Then, extend the arms to the ground with the palm facing downwards. Slide the left leg across the right side of your body. You need to slide it behind the left leg. Now extend your right leg towards the left side of your body. This will leave you in a sitting position. Where your right leg is placed on top of your left leg, make sure both your knees are on top of each other. Now straighten your body to an upright position.
- Ardha chandrasana: This asana is also called as the half-moon posture. This posture comes under hatha yoga and is beneficial for various medical issues, for example, osteoporosis, menstrual issues, exhaustion, sciatica and stomach-related cramps. You can practice this pose to get rid of osteoporosis and appreciate a sound body.
- Padangusthasana: This stance delicately stretches and strengthens persistently tight hamstrings.
- Adho mukha svanasana: It is one of yoga's most commonly practiced postures. Adho mukha svanasana offers a definitive wholesome, reviving stretch.
- Utthita hasta padangustasana: In this pose, keeping up the balance while standing on one foot strengthens your endurance capabilities.
- Utthita parsvakonasana: Discover the flexibility in your sides of the body from your heel to your fingertips with an extended side angle pose.
- Utthita trikonasana: It is a broadened triangle posture and is important as a standing posture in many styles of yoga.
- Ardha chandrasana: Make proper balance with your leg and the lower part of your leg as you look for strength and flexibility into this adjusting posture.
- Parivrtta parsvakonasana: This revolved side angle pose, a variation of utthita parsvakonasana requires a considerable measure of adaptability to bend flexibly and balance on the back heel.
- Uttanasana: Uttanasana will awaken your hamstrings and will help you to calm your brain.
- Urdhva dhanurasana: Urdhva dhanurasana can help in strengthening your arms, legs, abdomen and spine all at once.
- Virabhadrasana: Named after a wild warrior, an incarnation of Shiva, this adaptation of a warrior pose increases the stamina.
Yoga is one of the most secure measures and medicines for osteoporosis. It is something that anyone of any age can do at any place. The advantages are numerous and dangers are few if done properly.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows-
a) Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
b) Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
c) Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
d) A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
e) Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
f) Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
i. A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
ii. Swelling of your skin
iii. You may also get an itching sensation frequently
iv. Appearance of bumps
v. Bleeding of the affected areas
vi. Appearance of reddish spots
vii. A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
1. Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
2. Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
3. Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
4. Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.