Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Vadodara. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Guru Prasad Mohanty
Submit a review for Dr. Guru Prasad MohantyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Guru Prasad Mohanty provides answers that are knowledgeable. I have brain tumor in 2012 . Radiation was done biopsy also done after radiation we consulted to have a child I don't have fits doctor said to go for child
Explain the patient with personal interest ......Excellent nature sir
My sister has been diagnosed with undifferentiated carcinoma in biopsy has pathological fracture of femur neck. Primaries not found in PET ,FNAC and biopsy done from site of fracture. Doctors refusing treatment until primaroes found. Can coming to mumbai help .histomorphology consistent with poorly differentiated carcinoma biopsy report.
Hi doctors, Can stage four disease be cured for male aged 50 years by any type of medicine or fruits. My friend father diagnosed with rectal cancer and doctor have given only 4-5 weeks for treatment for which they need 1 lakh to 2 lakhs and they don't have and also not getting any help Please if you know any alternative solution which can really work than tell.
I have a lung cancer stage 3. Nowadays I take chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Can I eat fish, mutton or chicken during treatment.
I have diagnosed anorectum adenocarcinoma start radiation chemotherapy #25 After that surgery Post surgery biopsy report stage yp T2N0 MMR. Proficient. Then start chemotherapy folfox and complete six cycles. Need more chemotherapy or not The patient cannot tolerate chemotherapy more Please suggest me.
Sir, my mother age 70 is suffering from esophagus cancer since August 2016. 3 cycle of cisplatin and 5fu followed by 23 radiation ends on February 2017. From may 2017 she feels sometimes occasional problem in swallowing food.in December 2017 endoscopy done suggest s 6 cm squm cell carcinoma which was confirmed in may 2018 pet scan results 5.9 cm mass met. To skeleton. Now last 10 days she is unable to swallow food and food gets stuck in her esophagus results vomiting with lots of mucous. From may 2017 she continuously taking medicine. Oflox400 and enzoflam tab as prescribed by doctor. Initially these medicines are helpful in swallowing but now even Water is painful while swallowing. She become very lean and thin. Sir what are the options and what should I do for better quality of life.
My father has 4th stage lung cancer. Recently he had 1st cycle of chemo. But after chemo he is vomiting. I want to know is it normal and how long will it last. Please help.
Hi, My wife is having rectal cancer and she has just started immunotherapy. Meanwhile she is bleeding with the motions. How to stop this?
We live in an age where every single individual, more or less, is exposed to the risk of cancer. It is probably an unfavorable lifestyle we lead that deprives us of good health. This might alarm many but considerable changes in lifestyle can help you realize cancer as a preventable disease. Cancer does not only make you undergo severe suffering but it also affects your friends and family. The pallor of misery spreads wider than you think.
- Abstain from tobacco: Consuming raw tobacco or smoking tobacco can be equally detrimental to your health. Tobacco increases your chances of contracting the disease. As is known, passive smoking can also affect your health adversely. Tobacco can be the potential cause behind cancer of the mouth, throat, larynx, lungs, oral cavity and even the pancreas. It might harm your kidneys and cervix. It is upon you to quit tobacco at the earliest possible. One should also try and persuade friends and relatives to give up smoking.
- Drink alcohol in moderation: Complete abstinence from alcohol might not be possible if you have already been ushered into your work- life. The society might require you to be an occasional drinker. It is important to drink in moderation. Crossing the limit can propel consequences as serious as cancer of the stomach, pancreas, liver and the heart.
- A balanced and nutritious diet: Deciding on a plant- based diet or a Mediterranean diet can aid your fight against the risk of cancer. A Mediterranean diet will involve green leafy vegetables, lots of fresh fruits, whole grains, mixed nuts, legumes and also the use of extra- virgin olive oil. Fish can be a safe bet but red meat should be avoided. One must also try to avoid processed meat as they tend to make you prone to the risk of cancer.
- Immunization: Hepatitis B and HPV or Human papilloma virus vaccines are extremely necessary to protect you against the sexually transmitted types of cancer.
- Sun protection: Caring for your skin doesn't arise from vanity. Skin cancer is one of the most prevalent kinds of cancer; the chances of this disease can be restricted by remaining in shade especially during midday, by wearing covered clothes and by using a good sunscreen lotion repeatedly while outside.
- Exercise diligently: Did you think it was okay to have weaker muscles and bulging layers of fat? If yes, you probably have grown numb to the inadequacies you face in result. Unchecked fat can lead to obesity which further complicates health conditions. Metabolic activity differs from person to person. Regular exercising can help regulate metabolism according to the needs of your body. Physical exercise protects you against the risk of breast and colon cancer. Moderate or vigorous physical activity for 150 to 75 minutes a week respectively can reduce the risk of cancer.