Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Udupi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep Shenai
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep ShenaiYour feedback matters!
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL (Implantable Biocompatible Lens) is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am 20 years old I can' t able to read the board which is at some distance. Tears are immediately coming when I see board.Please suggest.
I am 23 years old. I sleep 8-9 hours a day but still I have constant dark rings around my eyes. Also my eyes looks as if I have put red kajal in my eyes when exposed to sun and the dark circles increases that time. Please guide me.
My eyelids are itching very often and I am feeling my eyes to be heavier, like when we feel when we are too tired. I actually had fungal skin infection on legs which most people often suffer from, I doubt whether is it the cause for my itchy eyes? I have specs also.
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
Hi doctor I am 23 years old and have power -1.75 in both the eyes. I have been using glasses and contacts from past eight years. Now I am thinking of lasik can you tell me about the risks involved and the expenses of the treatment?
My eye was paining once I go to the doctor but not find a perfect check up what can I do the doctor says that I do not neet gogle.
I am 28 years old from last one week, I am feeling burning in stomach and my eyes paining with headache. Kindly help me overcome this problem.
Sir I shouldn't she clearly further I have eyeglasses of -0.75 and when I read any book after that remove my glasses I see blarish I see image like spread Sir I have to diminish or finish my number sir please help to remove my number Sir is their use of Lott off mobile can cause my eye Shall I have to every time of reading take some rest Please help me.
I am suffering from severe cough for the past 4 weeks , already used amoxycillin but no relief, on 12th march I need to undergo cataract surgery,please suggest some medication ?
I have found weakness in my eyes from last two months. Please suggest me for this. It cause me a lot of pain.
I am not able to study continuously for an hour because of headache n ma eyes get swollen after continuous concentrating on any thing, doctor advised me to wear spectacles of test -0.75 but I feel that I am not able to see clearly and I feel so irritating to wear ma spectacles. What should I do?
I had cataract surgery in my left eye yesterday with a lens to correct my bad shortsighted (9 dioptre). I caught the reflection of the sun this morning from the car and noticed two lines radiating out from this point source. Since then I've noticed the same effect on any point source such as LEDs,
I just checked my eye a month ago our local doctor said tha I have lattice in my retina on right eye that will be only resolve through laser I just want to ask how much rest I have to do after going through retina laser.
I could not see any display for a long time my eye is give pain. And the eye became small. Please advise
I'm 28 years old girl I wearing spaics my left eyes no is 3.75 and right eyes no is 3.25 my eyes doctor advice me. Tum operation kara lo laser operation soo after laser you got 0 number in your eyes. It's good or not In future in my eyes koi problem too nhi hogai Kya? Plss answer me.
Here are cause and treatments of Age Related Macular Degeneration
Hi, I am Dr, Neha Bharti. I am an eye surgeon and consultant at Bhartia Hospital, New Delhi. I would just like to talk a little bit about Age Related Macular Degeneration.
It’s a very common condition affecting the age old population nowadays, most people over 60 years of age. But then in some cases we even over 50 years of age. In some cases, it affects the elderly so it sort of impairs the quality of life in the age old population. It’s more common in people who are smokers and the number of cigarettes or bidis that you take directly affects the severity of Age Related Macular Degeneration. The important thing about ARMD is that it requires regular investigation such as OCT and Angiography and then it has to be treated optimally in some cases by the intravitreal injection. Multiple intravitreal injections can be required to maintain a good visual outcome for as long as possible.
So, in the end, I would like to summarize that Age Related Macular Degeneration is becoming a very common problem in the age old population nowadays and it requires regular check up and optimum treatment for maintaining good visual outcome for as long as possible. Thank you.