Find numerous IVF Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find IVF Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best IVF Specialists online in Udaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Infertility
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
Management of High-Risk Pregnancy
Artificial Insemination Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Egg Donation Procedure
Treating Disorders of The Unborn Child
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Icsi) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AlkaYour feedback matters!
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
Causes of Infertility:
- Infertility in Males: Small/undescended testes, Testicular injury, Abnormal/Low sperm count, Erectile dysfunction, Premature ejaculation, Prostatitis, Orchitis, Varicocele, Infections(STD’S including Chlamydia, gonorrhoea), Vas deferns/Ejaculatory duct obstruction.
- Infertility in Females: Structural abnormality in uterus/cervix, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS), Irregular periods, Hormonal imbalance, Pelvic Inflammatory disease(Chlamydia, gonorrhoea), Uterine fibroid, Pelvic T.B., Pelvic adhesions due to infection or following surgery, Blocked fallopian tubes due to salpingitis, or Thyroid disorders.
- Combined causes or risk factors in male/female that increase the risk of infertility: Advancing age, obesity, alcohol intake, smoking, diabetes mellitus, emotional stress, exposure to radiation, and intake of certain drugs are the primary causes for this condition.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Homeopathic treatment of infertility is mainly achieved through the administration of constitutional homeopathic medicines found most suitable after a detailed case analysis. A detailed case analysis includes the general physical and mental constitutional make-up of the patient plus the symptoms in the sexual sphere and the underlying cause that is hindering the fertility process and needs to be corrected. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are natural medicines that help by raising the patient’s immunity to remove the obstruction that is hindering the process of fertility in a couple. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are non-toxic and carry no risk of side-effects.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo.
Here is a very short list of commonly used remedies:
- Sepia: This type of homeopathy remedy is used to treat irregular or absent ovulation
- Sabina: Recommended for women who have experienced recurrent miscarriage
- Aurum: Used in cases when low sex drive and depression are the cause of infertility
- Phosphorus: Used when anxiety and stress are contributing to female infertility
- Silica: A type of homeopathy remedy used to boost the immune system in order to improve a woman’s chances of getting pregnant
- Pulsatilla and Sepia: Pulsatilla and Sepia are suitable homeopathic medicines for infertility in females due to irregular or scanty periods.
- Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farinosa: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farinosa used for infertility in females due to profuse menses.
There needs also a discussion regarding potencies, repetition of dose, timing, and other supportive information like lifestyle nutrition, supplements like folic acid, exercise like yoga, etc. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Is ssg test is painful? And I wanna know what is ssg what is the process of it as I am trying to conceive a baby but I am not ,so doctor recommend me for this ssg test.
Hello Dr. I hope you had a good day. 8 months back I got married. But still my is nt conceived. So may I no the reason. Regards
I'm 22 years old female. Married at 20. Still didn't get pregnant. I'm having pcod. My doctor prescribed normoz and fopymin to get pregnant. My last period was on 13th jan. Still didn't get my next period. I took a pregnancy test on 45th day and it was negative. I've tried home remedies like papayas, pineapple and sesame seeds to get my periods. But it was in vain. Please help to get my periods and give me advice to get pregnant.
Infertility primarily refers to the biological inability of a person to contribute to conception. In women, it may also refer to the state when she is not able to carry a pregnancy to its full term.
According to ayurveda, preparing for conception can be easily compared to the process of farming. Just like the health of a crops depends on the quality of soil, seed, timing of sowing, and amount of watering it, gets the health of baby depends on the health of its parents, for a pregnancy to be healthy and successful, a couple needs to take care of the following four essential factor-:
1. Sperm/ovum (seeds)
2. Uterus (soil)
3. Nourishment (water)
4. Time for conception (timing of sowing)
Reproductive health, in both men and women, depends on the health of the reproductive tissue or shukra dhatu. In women, shukra creates the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and in men the semen is formed due to sexual stimulation. The shukra is created as part of a long chain of metabolic transformations. It starts with the digestion of food, then goes on to transformation of food to nutrient fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone marrow, and finally, to shukra tissue. Healthy shukra tissue, then according to ayurveda, depends on the health of all the other tissue in the body.
I have tried to get pregnant since last two years but I didn't conceive. All reports of me and my husband is normal. Please help me.
I am 30 years female trying for conception. But had 3 failed IUI. I would like to know the option ahead?
Infertility is a condition which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right times. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right times.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is at first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.