Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in tvm. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Diseases Treatment
Wart Removal Technique
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Skin Laser Treatment
Treatment of Sun Spots
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Laser Treatment For Acne Scars
Submit a review for Dr. Sruthy.MYour feedback matters!
I an 19 years of age & suffering from bloating stomach because of not having lunch on time. What should I do to get back to flat stomach naturally and what should I avoid doing?
Hi I am 26 year old unmarried I have a habit of masturbation. I want to get rid of this habit. And also I want to knw whether masturbation causes hair fall and whitening of breed. please tell me how to get normal life.
I am losing hair quickly and I have headache problem and skin back some times and stomach pain problems. What else can I do. Can you please help me with this.
I have a problem of headache most of the time I am suffering from this and I did not found any solution till now.
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
I suffer from GERD and become a later I feel ok and at that day my mouth give bad smell. please give advice me.
I have paining on under the chest and its not cure every after 2 or 3 month its starting its too much paining if I eat something its gone bt everyday its on same timing its paining what should I do for it tell me.
I am 55 years male, and having allergy & sinusitis (getting frequent sneezes and head ache) problem for the past 15 to 20 years. I have tried allopathy, homeopathy & ayurvedic treatments for the above ailment but could find permanent solution for this problem. I was advised surgery and I am avoiding it for the past 2 to 3 years and using'avil-25' most frequently and getting temporary relief. Pl suggest any permanent solution to me.
In my complete blood test following deficiency or efficiency was observed. Apolipoprotien - a1 - 92 mg/dl hscrp 5.54 mg/l homocysteine. - 38.8 umol/l uric acid 7.5 mg/dl chloride 106.6 mmol/l hdl cholestrol direct 28 mg/dl tc/hdl cholestrol ratio 5.5 sgot 83.2 u/i sgpt 134.6 u/i ggt 80.4 u/i serum globulin 2.4 gm/dl tsh 6.87 vit d 6.79 ng/ml monocytes absolute. 18 basophils absolute. 01 mchc 30.5 rdw sd 47.9 rdw cv 14.1 my doc told me stay away from protien and fat. Please help me. I am not able to stay away from fat. I can manage to stay away from protein and milk products. Please explain me what is going on in my body and if any medicine I should take. I am taking thyroxin 50 mg. Thanks.
I have a Vitamin D test with a score of 17. occasionally sweat in the head whenever I am having food, have shoulder and elbow main only in the night. Is a weekly dose of Lumina 60 K followed by monthly does of 6 months adequate to fill in the deficiency?
When I am going to ejaculation. I press the top of pennis by two finger for one minute. Then can I stop my ejaculation. Can I improve my sex duration. And is it harmful please suggest me sir.
I am male 49 years. Since last 1 months feeling burning sensation in buttocks (not anus) while sitting in office chair / bike specially more when bladder is full and goes after urination. USG done not found any abnormality, kidney, bladder, prostates normal. Urine routine normal only pus cells 3-4. The sensation is not appearing while sleeping or at home during holidays or while driving car. No constipation or piles problem. Request advise the probable cause for this problem and remedial measures.
I am suffering the stomach problem. Ultrasound report is normal. I have take the liv 52 these days without any suggestion of doctor. Is any problem create in future?
I am 30 year old unmarried guy used to masturbate daily one time at night by watching movies. The problem which I face is little pain on nerves of my organ with slight irritation in morning and m not njoying it now. I feel sexual weakness amd not getting proper pleasure. My worries are concerned with my physical amd mental fitness and with future sexual life.
Sir, Whenever I get erection, I try to touch the front part of my penis but I am feeling sensitive (like pain, therefore a question raised in my mind and that is whether I am eligible for sex and some people say that they can't do sex even though they are not hizras (eunuch. Do I come under this type? Thank you sir.
If your diabetes is not under control, you are more likely to develop problems in your mouth. The good news is you can keep your teeth and gums healthy. By controlling your blood glucose, brushing and flossing every day, and visiting a dentist regularly, you can help prevent serious problems in your mouth.
The Symptoms of Untreated Diabetes
The warning signs of diabetes affect every part of your body. After a blood test, you may be told by a doctor that you have high blood sugar. You may feel excessively thirsty or have to urinate a lot. Weight loss and fatigue are other common symptoms. Diabetes can also cause you to lose consciousness if your blood sugar falls too low.
If diabetes is left untreated, it can take a toll on your mouth as well. Here's how:
- You may have less saliva, causing your mouth to feel dry. (Dry mouth is also caused by certain medications.)
- Because saliva protects your teeth, you’re also at a higher risk of cavities.
- Gums may become inflamed and bleed often (gingivitis).
- You may have problems tasting food.
- You may experience delayed wound healing.
- You may be susceptible to infections inside of your mouth.
- For children with diabetes, teeth may erupt at an age earlier than is typical.
Diabetes is a chronic, systemic disease and affects all parts of the body. While its effect on the nerves, eyes, kidneys, and skin is more common, their oral effects are less known. However, diabetes will vouch how they lost tooth and have dry mouth after their sugars went out of control.
- Oral Symptoms in Diabetics: There is a strong correlation between oral health and poorly controlled blood sugars. Some of the common oral indications of diabetes are as follows.
- Dry Mouth: There is less amount of saliva, which brings with it a whole lot of symptoms including soreness of the mucosa, ulcers, increased chances of infection, gum inflammation and tooth decay.
- Thrush: The saliva has higher sugar levels and attracts fungus (Candida in particular) which thrives in this dry, sugary environment. This produces a burning sensation in the mouth.
- Periodontal Disease: The gums get severely infected with gingival recession, where the gum line recedes exposing more of the tooth (tooth length seems to have increased). There is “pocket” formation, or space between the tooth and the gum which hosts a variety of bacteria. The periodontal ligament loses its strength to hold the tooth in place, and thereby teeth become mobile. If not worked upon in time, there could be multiple teeth lost.
Why People with Diabetes Are More Prone to Gum Disease
All people have more tiny bacteria living in their mouth now than there are people on this planet. If they make their home in your gums, you can end up with periodontal disease. This chronic, inflammatory disease can destroy your gums, all the tissues holding your teeth and even your bones.
Periodontal disease is the most common dental disease affecting those living with diabetes, affecting nearly 22% of those diagnosed. Especially with increasing age, poor blood sugar control increases the risk for gum problems. In fact, people with diabetes are at a higher risk for gum problems because of poor blood sugar control. As with all infections, serious gum disease may cause blood sugar to rise. This makes diabetes harder to control because you are more susceptible to infections and are less able to fight the bacteria invading the gums.
As much as it sounds alarming, it is not. There are easy, simple ways to manage these. In fact, good overall management of diabetes will ensure the oral symptoms are also maintained under control. Following are some things to do which will help in managing diabetes in general and the oral symptoms in particular:
As soon as diabetes is diagnosed, visit a dentist to take stock of the oral health condition. Any identified problem should be treated to avoid progression.
- Keep a close watch to ensure blood sugar remains as close to normal as possible.
- Switch to a toothbrush with soft or extra-soft bristles. This will help reduce the pressure on the gums and thereby prevent gum bleeding
- After every meal, remember to brush the teeth.
- Flossing at least once a day will help remove food deposits between the teeth. Alternately, use interdental brushes.
- Rinse at least twice daily using an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Denture-wearers should always clean them daily and never go to sleep with the denture in the mouth.
- Smoking with diabetics is a strict no-no, work on quitting at the earliest.
- Visit a dentist every 3 months to ensure oral issues are identified at the earliest and treatment done with minimal intervention.
- Any dental procedure should be done only when sugar levels are under control.
Managing diabetes is a lifelong commitment, and that includes proper dental care. Your efforts will be rewarded with a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.