Patient reviews for Doctors for Gastritis in Trivandrum
Vivek K's review for Dr. Krishna Kumar
Doctor was able to identify and suggest the required procedures in Ayurveda treatment due to which I was able to stand straight... Read more reviews
Gastritis occurs when the lining of the stomach becomes inflamed after it's been damaged. It's a common condition with a wide range of causes. It causes severe and nagging pain. However, the pain is temporary and usually lasts for short bursts at a time. Gastritis can cause:
• gnawing or burning stomach pain
• nausea and vomiting
• feeling full after eating
HOW IS GASTRITIS DIAGNOSED?
Your general physician may check your medical history and perform a series of tests to detect bacteria, stool test, blood count test as well as perform an endoscopy to diagnose the condition.
HOW IS GASTRITIS TREATED?
Treatment for gastritis usually involves:
• Taking antacids and other drugs (such as proton pump inhibitors or H2 blockers) to reduce stomach acid
• Avoiding hot and spicy foods
• For gastritis caused by H. pylori infection, your doctor will prescribe a regimen of several antibiotics plus an acid blocking drug (used for heartburn)
• If the gastritis is caused by pernicious anemia, B12 vitamin shots will be given.
• Eliminating irritating foods from your diet such as lactose from dairy or gluten from wheat
DID YOU KNOW?
Limiting alcohol intake as well as intake of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin can help in preventing the condition.
Acute gastritis, what is It?
Gastritis is, simply put, inflammation of the lining of the stomach. It is one of those stomach inflammation to avoid. Gastritis symptoms may occur periodically or may persist for a considerable amount of time. Amongst gastritis symptoms are:
• If your stomach is upset recurrently, then it may be amongst gastritis symptoms
• Indigestion too is among gastritis symptoms.
• Acute gastritis is also characterized by hiccups.
• Burning feeling between meals or during the night is a reason why it is a stomach inflammation to avoid.
• Vomiting blood is amongst gastritis symptoms.
• Acute gastritis is a stomach inflammation to avoid due to its symptoms of black tarry stools.
Undoubtedly the top cure for gastritis lies in a good gastritis diet, negating the root cause of the ailment as gastric remedies. If you are on a gastritis diet, make sure you have plenty of:
• Fruits which constitute an important part of gastritis diet.
• Whole grains should be always preferred while on a gastritis diet.
• Vegetables should be eaten in wholesome proportions if you are on a gastritis diet.
• Eat fat-free dairy food while on a gastritis diet or those low in fats.
• Whole wheat bread are a good option for a gastritis diet.
• Brown rice is another option open to you in the case of gastritis diet.
• Whole grain cereals should also be consumed as part of a gastritis diet.
• You may have chicken meat while on a gastritis diet.
• Turkey is another option open during a gastritis diet.
• Beans should be consumed aplenty in a gastritis diet and is a good gastritis cure.
• Gastric diet may also consist of nuts.
What to Avoid in a Gastritis Diet
While on a gastritis diet, avoid the following:
• A gastritis diet should be bereft of seasonings.
• Avoid chocolate while on a gastritis diet.
• Spices too are to be avoided in a gastritis diet.
• Avoid food or beverages that are high in fat during a gastritis diet.
Gastritis treatment is dependent on the factor causing it. Often, in gastritis treatment some of the causes are temporary, resulting in a cure for gastritis. In case of gastritis treatment, you may have to take:
• Nizatidine is prescribed for gastritis treatment.
• Omeprazole is also consumed during gastritis treatment.
• Esomeprazole is also recommended for gastritis treatment.
• Lansoprazole is also frequently part of gastritis treatment.
• Rabeprazole may also accompany in gastritis treatment.
• Pantoprazole is also prescribed during gastritis treatment.
• Antibiotics like Cloxacillin are used in gastritis treatment.
• Amoxycillin is also put into used in gastritis treatment.
Cure for Gastritis
If you are looking for gastritis cure, medical and natural gastric remedies including gastritis diet are available. Observe the gastric remedies listed above for gastritis cure.
With Lybrate, you get detailed information on the top gastroenterologists in India, in Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur etc.
Call doctors and view Gastritis treatment cost in Akkulam, Ambalam Jn., Ambalamukku, Anayara, Arasumoodu, Attingal and in any other locality in Trivandrum. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Gastritis.