Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Thilaga Balakrishnan Manigandan
Submit a review for Dt. Thilaga Balakrishnan ManigandanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Thilaga provides answers that are well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
Hi doctor. I am arvind n m 20 years old clg student n my body weight is around 40 kgs. Will ENDURA MASS will helps me to gain weight instantly or should I take other food supplements or pills please suggest. Thank you.
2. நீரிழிவுள்ளவர்கள் எந்த மாவில் தயாரித்த தின்பண்டங்களையும் உண்ணலாம். ஆனால் அதிலும் ஒரு அளவு வேண்டும்.
3. அதிலும் சோற்றுடன் நார்ப்பொருள் அதிகம் நிறைந்துள்ள காய்கறிகளை சேர்த்து உண்டால் இரத்தத்தில் சர்க்கரையின் அளவு திடீரென அதிகரிக்காது. அதிலும் எளிதில் கரையக்கூடிய நார்ப்பொருளாக இருந்தால் நல்லது. மேலும் அவர்கள் கடலை, பயறு, பருப்பு, சோயா போன்றவற்றை அன்றாட உணவில் சேர்த்துக் கொள்வது நல்லது.
4. இந்நோயால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் உணவைத் தவிர மற்ற நேரங்களில் ஸ்நாக்ஸாக இனிப்பில்லாத பிஸ்கட்டை வாங்கி சாப்பிடுவர். ஏனென்றால் அதைச் சாப்பிட்டால் எதுவும் ஏற்படாது என்ற நம்பிக்கை,
ஆனால் உண்மையில் அதையெல்லம் தவிர்ப்பது நல்லது. ஏனெனில் அதில் இருக்கும் மாவுப்பொருள் ரத்தத்தில் குளுக்கோஸின் அளவை அதிகரிக்கச் செய்யும். இதைவிட பழங்களில் வாழைப்பழம், ஆப்பிள், பப்பாளி, அன்னாசி, மாம்பழம் மற்றும் காய்கறிகளில் வெள்ளரி, கேரட் போன்றவற்றை சப்பி சாப்பிட்டால், பசியும் அடங்கும், சர்க்கரையின் அளவும் அதிகரிக்காது. எதை உண்டாலும் எவ்வளவு உண்கிறோம் என்பதே முக்கியம்.
5. கிழங்குகளில் மாப்பொருளை விட வேறு எதுவும் இல்லை. எனவே அவற்றை சற்று அளவோடே சாப்பிடலாம்.
ஆகவே நீரிழிவு நோயாளிகள் எந்த உணவு உண்டாலும் அளவோடும், மாவுப்பொருள் இருக்கும் உணவை, எதனோடு உட்கொள்கிறீர்கள் என்பதையும் முக்கியமாக நினைவில் கொண்டும் உண்ண வேண்டும்!
Jaundice patients are advised to follow a liquid diet for the first four to five days of treatment.
- Increase your fluid intake by consuming a lot of water.
- Vegetable and fruit juices should form the bulk of your diet during this period.
- Sugarcane juice is especially popular with jaundice convalescents in india.
- This type of diet also helps to cleanse the body as it facilitates increased elimination of bilirubin through urination and excretion.
- Bilirubin levels in the body should already be decreasing by this point and you can begin consuming foods like fruits, broths, custard and yogurt.
- Fruits like grapes, pears, watermelons, carrots and beets supply adequate electrolytes and simple sugars needed to fuel the tissues.
- Leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach may also be added to your diet.
- Protein is also an essential nutrient to overcome the excessive loss of nitrogen and fat accumulation in the liver. Include lean cuts of meat, skimmed milk in small quantities.
- Keep in mind that all foods should be consumed as boiled or steamed foods and they should not be fried or cooked with oil.
- Consuming foods rich in carbohydrates like cereal porridge, bread, rice, potato, yam, custards ensures adequate supply of calories to the body so that tissue protein is not broken down for energy.
- Avoid consuming foods that are high in fats like red meats and fried or oily foods as the liver is still weak and these foods will increase strain on the liver.
- Likewise, avoid consuming sugar rich foods and foods containing artificial sweeteners.
- Once the symptoms of jaundice have resolved you can also begin to include other foods but do this gradually.
- Make it a point to consult your doctor before you make any changes in your diet.
- Try to eat smaller meals through the course of the day rather than following the traditional pattern of breakfast followed by two heavy meals later in the day.
- Eat smaller portions but at more regular intervals through the course of the day.
- Keep in mind that resistance is low while you are recuperating and this makes it imperative for you to only consume foods that are prepared with the highest levels of hygiene.
- Avoid consuming juices or foods prepared by hawkers or even from restaurants.
- Home preparation is the only way to ensure such high levels of hygiene. Also make it a point to only consume fresh foods.
Night shift workers are more likely to suffer from insomnia, fatigue, accidents, ulcers, and even certain types of cancer than those who work during the day. People also frequently gain weight when they work the night shift. Although it’s clearly not ideal, many people have no choice but to work nights. So, here are some tips on how to keep shift work from sabotaging your nutrition or your health.
5 nutrition tips for shift workers:
- Eat more protein, fewer carbs during your shift.
- Avoid sugar and sweetened beverages.
- Don’t use food as entertainment.
- Stock up on healthy foods.
- Have healthy foods readily available both at home and at work.
- Preparation is key.
- Stop unhealthy snacking.
- Stick to a schedule.
- Cut down the caffeine.
- Exercise when you can.
The benefits to your health and well-being will be well worth the extra time and effort.
When cooking up healthy meals, many don't think about how their cooking method affects the nutritional make-up of their dishes.
Steaming cooks and seals in flavor, eliminating the need for added fats during preparation. It also preserves nutrients better than any other cooking method except microwaving.
Stir-frying cooking at a very high heat for a very short time is the essence of stir-frying. Because food is cooked so quickly, it should be cut into small, uniform pieces to ensure every ingredient is cooked thoroughly
Broiling cooks by exposing food to direct heat in an electric or gas stove, usually in the bottom drawer of the oven. It renders the same results as grilling, but in grilling the heat comes from below, while in broiling it comes from above. It is a dry heat method of cooking (which means no additional oil)
Microwaving like steaming, it lends itself to low-fat or no-fat cooking. The foods that do well this way retain their color along with their nutrients,
Pressure cooking requires very little water and time, which means that vitamins and minerals are kept intact. The cooker seals in steam created by the boiling liquid, which intensifies the flavors. This means that you won't need to add any oil or fat for taste or richness.
Boiling quick, easy, and needs nothing but water and a touch of salt while this method can dissolve vitamins and minerals in some foods (especially vegetables),research actually suggests boiling could be the best way to preserve nutrients in carrots, zucchini, and broccoli(when compared to steaming, frying, or eating raw).
Poaching the same goes for boiling's cousin,poaching no additives. Basically, poaching means cooking the given food in a small amount of hot water (just below boiling point).
Grilling terms of getting maximum nutrition without sacrificing flavor, grilling is a great cooking method. It requires minimal added fats and imparts a smoky flavor while keeping meats and veggies juicy and tender
Best methods for cooking.
Vegetables: steamed/stir fry/baked/ sauteing
Non veg foods: grilling/ roasting/baked/steaming
For good reason. Many studies suggest there are benefits of incorporating more raw foods into the diet:studies have shown eating the rainbow consistently reduces the risk of cancer, but the jury's out on whether raw or cooked is really best overall. Plus, since the diet is mostly plant-based, more vitamins, minerals, and fiber are consumed overall, with no added sugars or fats from cooking. And while some raw items might be super-healthy, studies have found that cooking can actually amplify some nutrients, like lycopene in tomatoes and antioxidants in carotenoids such as carrots,spinach, sweet potatoes, and peppers.