We wonder why some people have more cavities even if they don't eat more sugar and they brush two times a day, whereas other people who eat alot of sugar and brush once don't get cavities.
Actually, there are a lot of factors associated which lead to cavities.
- Frequency of eating, more frequently you eat more cavities you get.
- Heartburn or gerd lead to stomach acid in to mouth which damage enamel, means more cavities.
- Sugary drinks, cold drinks and other beverages also damage enamel and result in cavities in between teeth.
- Lack of tooth brushing.
- Dry mouth, lack of proper salivation leads to more cavities.
- Teeth with enamel defects like fluorosis are more prone to cavities.
- More acidogenic bacteria in mouth lead to more cavities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!